Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Mario Kart x 8,000,000 = ModNation Racers

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Luke

ModNation Racers is like Mario Kart times 8 million.  That's what HipHopGamer says anyway. 

I was thoroughly entertained with the latest HipHopGamerShow episode and he does go into a ton of showing-off what you can do with ModNation Racers.  

If you have yet to check-it-out, in the beta on the PS3, than watch this to get the best overview that I've seen in regards to it: 

He also talks about some other crazy stuff, like PS Home, XBOX 360 Slim, Spec Ops, Sony Gemstone, and inFamous 2.  

I'm personally in the ModNation Racers PS3 Beta, but kinda don't feel as satisfied with the racing part as I do with Mario Kart, for some reason.  Anyway, what do you guys think?  Mario Kart killer or not? 

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

Yes, cause i would really listen to someone that calls themselves the hip hop gamer 

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

Hip Hop Gamer sucks.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Rayfield

Hip Hop Gamer: "Man, that Mod-Nation Racers is like Mario Kart but times 8 million! Nah mean?" 

Dude: "Huh? What does that mean?" 

Hip Hop Gamer: "I'm talking bout Mod Nation beeetaych!" 

Dude: "No I got that part. I just fail to understand the multiplication aspect of your endorsement. Do you mean it's 8 million times as good?" 

Hip Hop Gamer: "Helllll yyyeeeaaahhh boooyyyyeeee! She gone be the sheeet!" 

Dude: "Really? 8 million times as good as Mario Kart? How is that possible? As humans we probably couldn't even fathom that level of joy. Do we have evolve into beings of pure energy before we can play Mod Nation Racers?" 

Hip Hop Gamer: *stab*
    FCKSNAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By FCKSNAP

I love HipHop gamer, he knows wazzup, except he doesn't, but then again he might? Anyway, the Bombcrew should get him on one day.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By beargirl1
    @Snapstacle said:
    " I love HipHop gamer, he knows wazzup, except he doesn't, but then again he might? Anyway, the Bombcrew should get him on one day. "
    for sure. that would be one hell of a show. 
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rayfield
    @Snapstacle said:
    " he knows wazzup, except he doesn't, but then again he might?  "

Way more interested in this Hip Hop Gamer show all of a sudden.
    CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By CoolDrMoney

Jeff was on an episode of Hip Hop Gamer once. He handled it well since he speaks black.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Whisperkill

are we talking Mario Kart Wii

...because 8,000,000 X 0 is still 0

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By xyzygy

So LittleBigPlanet is like Mario, and ModNation Racers is like Mario Kart. I see a trend in these PS3 games.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rayfield

Hmm, more and more I want to watch Hip Hop Gamer but I'm terrified it won't live up to the awesome show I have in my head. 

Basically, my head's version consists of the host being a crazed Flavor Flav-type figure who yells inchorently a lot and most of the time is unaware of his surroundings. He interrupts his guests with belligerent abuse and boasts about his gamerscore (which is laughably low). He makes confusing statements (such as the Mario Kart one) and generally is a train wreck of a human being. 

Past episodes include: 

- Pulling his pants down in front of Jade Raymond and yelling "I AM ALIVE RIGHT HERE BEEATYCH!" and chasing her around the room.

- Thinking a demo of Bayonetta is a Sarah Palin game and violently attacking the Sega rep for bringing it into his studio 

- Screaming at the camera for 45 minutes about 'pussies' who can't Veteran both COD4 and MW2 in one sitting without dying. Because he did it with "both thumbs up my ass!". 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rayfield

I guess nobody shares my dream. Shame. I believe it would be the 'hot new show' that all the kids are into.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.