Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 25, 2010

ModNation Racers is a racing game using Sony's "Play, Create, Share" mantra -- applied in ModNation Racers as "Race, Create, Share". Like other titles in the series such as LittleBigPlanet, it allows players to customize characters, create their own levels/tracks, and share them online on the PlayStation Network.

Closed Beta on PS3 now in English PSN

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dbz1995

So hurry up! :P

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By shrig32

I managed to catch it! First impressions are that it reminds me of Lego Racers. Not lost a race yet, either =S

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By adziboy

It's really good. Apart from the hacked leaderboards and not being able to connect to other matches. But time trials and creation is sweet.
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By dbz1995
    @shrig32 said:
    " I managed to catch it! First impressions are that it reminds me of Lego Racers. Not lost a race yet, either =S "
    Really? Well played! I'll play you one, if you want.

PSN=hasibd
    Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By buzz_killington

How can you get a code?

shrig32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By shrig32
    @dbz1995 said:
    " @shrig32 said:
    " I managed to catch it! First impressions are that it reminds me of Lego Racers. Not lost a race yet, either =S "
    Really? Well played! I'll play you one, if you want.  PSN=hasibd "
    To  be honest, I posted that after only a few races. What struck me is how easy it was to get into the controls etc. to a degree that I could win against other players.
     @buzz_killington said:
    "

How can you get a code?

"
    They were giving it away on the EU store in limited numbers =) I don't know if they're all gone yet or not.
    Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Andorski

I participated in the US beta.  The game is very fun.  A few pieces of advice are:

1. Do not play XP races.  XP does nothing for you in the beta, and you are locked into playing only the tracks made by the development team.  In casual races, the host can choose tracks made by the community.
    2. If you make a track and want people to try it out, you should host a casual race and choose the tracks you want to show off.
    3. Drifting is everything.  Make sure you drift as much and as long as possible to gain boost.  Then use your boost on the straight-aways.
    4. The way weapons work is that the first "weapon box" you pick up chooses the type of weapon you have (there are rockets, boosters, lightning, and others).  If you pick up another "weapon box," it upgrades your weapon to level 2 (e.g. you go from having one rocket to two rockets that can now home in to your target).  I think weapons can upgrade up to level 3 or 4.  It is always better to fully upgrade your weapon.  Be careful though, as getting hit with a weapon downgrades your own weapon by 1 level.
    5. When creating tracks, be mindful of when you make part of your track go on top of itself (i.e. building a bridge over an existing part of your track).  Even though there is a barrier when building bridges, it is still possible to hop over them (by hitting X twice) and cutting the course.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.