Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

ModNation Racers: Road Trip

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Feb 08, 2012

ModNation Racers: Road Trip is a racing game for the PS Vita that refines the "Race, Create and Share" concept that ModNation Racers for PS3 started.

No online play confirmed, what the the hell are they thinking?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1216411p1.html Sorry for not linking, I'm on an iPad. Seriously I was really hyped for this game, big fan of the PS3 version that I still pop in from time to time, but this has completely changed my mind and I cancelled my pre-order. How can you launch a game like this in 2012 with no head to head online? I thought this was going to satisfy my portable kart racing needs but I guess I'll pick up Mario Kart 7.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RE_Player1

Thanks.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By N7

I only posted the link because I couldn't write anything else.

It's completely messed up that they have taken out online play. That was kind of the point to the game, wasn't it?

"Hey guys I know, let's make Counter Strike an offline only game! No online multiplayer! People don't care about that do they?"

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By phantomzxro

yeah it sucks no real reason to buy it now. Mario Cart 7 it is!

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Vexxan

Well that sucks :/

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By penguindust

There are strong complaints about the lack of co-op in the Vita Rayman game, too. I wonder if developers just haven't had enough time to incorporate these features or if it's a sign of something more problematic.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
    @PenguinDust I think it's the typical launch rush development bullshit. We've seen a couple stand outs on the 3DS, like Star Fox's lack of online multiplayer, and Modnation, along with your example of Rayman, seem to be the standouts of games that should have standard features but don't. Seriously this was probably my most anticipated game and now there is no way in hell I'm buying it. I guess Wipeout will be my Vita racing game, at least that is confirmed to have online play between Vita and even PS3 players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.