Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 10, 2009

The sequel to 2007’s wildly successful first-person-shooter Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 continues the story of American and British soldiers fighting Russian ultra-nationalist forces.

24 kills and OH CRAP! 1 death

SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By SSValis

Just played a sabotage match on Estate and worked my way up to a personal best of 24 in a row, but when I had to get the last kill for some reason I felt I needed to go behind the house and flank them, well I was quickly murdered by somebody upstairs on the balcony when I reached the backyard.  
     YAY FAILURE!  
    Who cares about the nuke, its just a killstreak that kills everyone and automatically wins the game...... 
    Do you guys have any other similar stories to make me feel better.  

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gosukiller

My worst experience would be me getting a 29 streak on Wasteland HQ Pro, but my choppergunner killstreak just wouldn't end. I had the nuke selected, but before the streak was over, THE GAME WAS OVER!! :(

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By DCFGS3

Does the nuke give you anything other than instant win and twelve kills? Like, heaps of XP? Because it doesn't really seem worth it otherwise...

gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gosukiller
    @DCFGS3: There are quite some challenges, titles and emblems attached to the nuke killing spree. And just the feeling of the moment of getting a nuke is enough for me :D
    raynate2022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By raynate2022

I've had pretty much that exact moment. At 24 kills, for some reason not even known to me I left my sniping spot and got killed. It's infuriating. Lol But I did get my first nuke the other day. Feels pretty good

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheDoorman

Eventually you'll get one, just keep the killstreaks harrier, chopper gunner and nuke set  till you get that fancy emblem. 

Its funny because when i first unlocked nuke it was as a joke, and now I have 13 nukes total which is weird I think seen as my highest killstreak on cod 4 was a 23. 

Now my highest killstreak is a 39 on MW 2.  
    But yeah keep on trying.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ArchScabby

That sucks dude.  Actually just tonight I was playing and some little kid, who wasn't a little douche bag either so I felt bad, (I know, I know, you probably don't believe me)  anyway we were playing domination on skidrow and he was at 24 kills and was excited because he needed one more for a nuke and I guess he walked around a corner because he called killed by a claymore.

imhuntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By imhuntad

Umm, I've been spawn killed more than 5 times in a row with chopper gunner. Then I walked out with painkiller when the thing was gone and got killed again.

I also don't see the point in the nuke. I wouldn't get any special feelings when i use it for sure. Glad to see other ppl enjoy it though.

adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By adziboy
    @imhuntad:

It's the satisfaction of knowing that people saw you got 25 kills, instead of only you knowing. Also, because it pisses off the enemy.
    NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NickNorman

If you really want a nuke, and you don't mind pissing people off (wait - doen't the nuke do that by default?), get on top of Rust in FFA. Just hope that no one knows how to throw grenades up there. I used my chopper gunner to get to 25 kills, and instead of winning at 30-0, I waited for it to end, then launched the nuke. Totally worth it.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By natetodamax

I went 21-0 on Estate, forgot the game mode though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

Ive gotten 24 kill streaks twice, and been unable to finish them because i get them in the last minute of the round. I did get the nuke once though, and its not as fantastic as you might think. It was really stressful trying to get it, its more fun just to do whatever you want.
    MrCynical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By MrCynical
    @imhuntad said:
    "

Umm, I've been spawn killed more than 5 times in a row with chopper gunner. Then I walked out with painkiller when the thing was gone and got killed again.

I also don't see the point in the nuke. I wouldn't get any special feelings when i use it for sure. Glad to see other ppl enjoy it though.

"
    I always keep a custom class with LMG, Stinger and Cold Blooded for this very purpose. It's even more fun when someone else calls in another air support immediately afterwards, and that one gets shot down without any kills :p
    Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Damonation

I got 25 kills in a Domination match in Karachi while I was controlling the chopper. As soon as it popped up I pounded the right button on the d-pad but at that EXACT MOMENT the match ended and we lost. That would've been my first nuke. I was so upset but I've managed to get one since then so I don't feel so bad about it now.

mikbal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mikbal

i died once at 24 too. Got to anxious and jumped into battle (just 1 kill r8), then some dude stabbed me :(

i felt like a bucket of cold water had been poured on me, even though its not my first nuke.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By iam3green

i've died like 5 times in a row from somebody spawn camping.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By stephengotlost

There have been several instances when I have been disconnected right when I receive an AC-130.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dbz1995

We once won 18-0 in Capture the Flag.

By Tactical Nuke.

Depth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Depth

Hardline!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.