Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 18, 2020

Microsoft's signature flight simulator returns for a whole new generation using Microsoft's Azure AI technology, satellite data and 4K textures.

Control options on laptop with DualSense

TheBookNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I play games on a laptop, and I'm a Game Pass subscriber. Right now I'm using a DualSense for my gamepad of choice.

I wanted to check out Flight Simulator. I'm not an airplane guy, don't have a HOTAS, etc. Just curious. I downloaded the game, started it up and made a random flight plan. When it dropped me in to the plane I immediately realized I was at a disadvantage, as the game assumes you are playing on a full-sized PC keyboard...

It suggested I use CTRL + NUM Del to release the parking brake. I have no numpad because I'm on a laptop.

The game did recognize my gamepad, and upon Googling my options I realized that Y+B releases the parking brake. Unfortunately, I guess the DualSense is set up differently because what should have been the Y+B were not recognized...

All of this to say I spent another twenty minutes or so trying to figure out how to customize inputs/key bindings. And that whole system is just unintelligible. I found the 'toggle parking brake' input, but when I tried to click different button options to set them as inputs, nothing happened.

My real question, I guess: Are there any pre-set/pre-loaded controller options for laptops that I could just download and add to the game? Or would I really have to go in to the key bindings and reassign every, single control option so that it works on my laptop? Because if that's the case then I'll just uninstall the game. I'm not that interested.

mikewhy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Haven't played in a while, or used the dual sense, but Steam recently added support for them, which means you should be able to use glosc to add the game to Steam which will make the game think you're using an Xbox controller.

ds4windows is also an option to make your dual sense appear as an Xbox controller.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

There are several ways to make a PS4 controller act like a 360 controller, but I'm not yet sure about PS5 controllers. Start at DS4Windows and see if that works yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.