Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear

Franchise »

Tactical, Espionage, Action. A revered and long-running series directed by Hideo Kojima.

Metal Gear Solid: Existance Trademarked

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Otacon

So I just read this Joystiq article that states that the name Metal Gear Solid Existance has been trademarked. Notice how solid is still in the title, what do you guys think of this, going to be a new game with Snake or is this going to be another Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier.

EDIT: Could be incredibly boring and just be the substance version of MGS4.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Otacon

wow...

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By danielkempster

The "Existence" thing certainly seems to tie in with the additional content theme (Substance, Subsistence). There's also a distinct possibility it could be a 3D remake (hence the Solid) of the original Metal Gear (thus, Existence). On the other hand, it could end up being nothing at all. Companies register trademarks all the time, but not all of them are used.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brukaoru

I hope it is not a special edition of MGS4. Seriously, Subsistence was worth it because it comes with Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake. I just don't see what they could have in a special edition of MGS4 that would make it worth buying again, especially for people like myself who already bought the limited edition.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Vaxadrin

It's a special edition where they change the camera back to the top-down perspective.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru
    Vaxadrin said:
    "It's a special edition where they change the camera back to the top-down perspective."
    Lol! That would be quite amusing and rather difficult to play I'd imagine.
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Otacon

I agree with you completely brukaoru, I already bought the SE and I was never really interested in the rereleases anyway. A 3D remake would be awesome but it seems like the least likely outcome of this.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By calf_exercises

yeah, I would go with it being the subsistance verion of mgs4, I dont think that they will let anything like that leek for a while, kojima and konami are usually good at keeping that stuff on the down low untill they are ready

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.