Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 20, 1990

Originally released for the Japan-exclusive MSX2 in 1990, this sequel is set four years after the Outer Heaven incident. New FOXHOUND commander, Roy Campbell, brings a shell-shocked Solid Snake back from early retirement to infiltrate the military nation Zanzibar Land.

Does anyone know where to find these games?

johnbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johnbon

I have been collecting metal gear games for the last few months and i have pretty much all of the games I set out to acquire except for Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX and Metal Gear for the Commodore 64. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good on-line trading or auction sites (besides Ebay or Amazon obviously)? Or even if anyone knows someone with these games that are willing to sell them.

Any help is much appreciated :)

DanTheGamer32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By DanTheGamer32

@johnbon: I dunno if you've found them yet, seeing as this was 3 months ago (lol) but you can get both of them on the HD version or the re-release (called Substance I think?) of MGS3 if you're not too bothered about an emulation of them instead. I would recommend the MSX version of MG1 though seeing as the Commadore version is based on the NES version which even Hideo himself said is garbage!

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I've seen them on ebay, just be prepared to pay.

If I may ask, why are you getting Metal Gear for the C64? It's like a shitty version of the already shitty NES version. The MSX version is way better.

Here you go, it's like 600 plus shipping for the both of 'em.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSX-Game-METAL-GEAR-KONAMI-/140860534374?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cbf12e66#ht_814wt_1398

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSX-Game-SOLID-SNAKE-METAL-GEAR2-KONAMI-/140860533605?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cbf12b65#ht_1242wt_1398

EDIT: Gah! Fucking had by the necro. Gee, thanks...

GalacticPunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By GalacticPunt

Welcome to the dark art of thread necromancy. I believe OP's intention was to COLLECT all the physical releases, not play them. The latter is easy enough through emulation. For those on similar quests, there are few ways to hunt down MSX and C64 releases beyond monitoring ebay/Half.com and Amazon. There are a couple of game trading/selling networks out there, including one that teamed up with Destructoid, but pickings past the last couple generations are going to be slim.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.