Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mega Man X4

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Jul 31, 1997

Mega Man X4 was the first in the series created specifically for Sega Saturn and Sony Playstation. Zero also debuts as a full-fledged playable character with his own gameplay style.

This game doesn't have PSN trophies, so I made up my own.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By egg

How's everyone enjoying the game so far by the way? Quite a steal at 96 cents, huh? =)

Back in the day I used to do things like, finish the game without heart tanks, finish the game without E-tanks, etc. So I had this idea for quite a while, but this time around I was able to think of a lot more. I can't wait to get started on them!

p.s. I wasn't sure what color to make each trophy, so I had to wing it. It isn't that important, I just figured the colors would help make these feel a bit more like actual PSN trophies. I gave them names too.

A few of these might be overly difficult and I've never tried doing before, so tell me what you think.

No Caption Provided
    Dash or Charge?Play through the game as X using the default control scheme.
    No Caption Provided

Shopping List
    Acquire a full set of armor, both E-Tanks, and at least 7 heart tanks while at no point selecting a stage you have already been to.
    No Caption Provided

Finishing Moves
    Create a save file that has only Lightning Web and either buster upgrade. Defeat 7 Maverick bosses while using only charged-up versions of boss weapons to damage them.
    No Caption Provided

Cover Me, I'm Reloading!
    Create a save file that has only Lightning Web and the white buster upgrade. Get up to and defeat General while at no point using boss weapons for any purpose.
    No Caption Provided
    The Blue Bomber
    Defeat Sigma as X while not wearing any armor part upgrades.
    No Caption Provided
    God HandCreate a save file that has only Lightning Web and the black buster upgrade. Finish the game without entering any other armor capsules and without acquiring any E-Tanks.
    No Caption Provided

PathfinderFinish the entire game as X without ever using the X-Buster, except during the intro stage and one stage after that. Furthermore, you cannot select a stage you have previously been to.

Note: The Ultimate Armor cheat code is not allowed for any of these. (Duh!)

Below are trophies specifically for Zero. I was originally going to give him a lot more, but afterwards I tried to narrow them down and remove redundant trophies. (e.g. a "no heart tanks" trophy and "no E-Tanks" trophy are functionally the same... it's just two different ways of having less health) Ultimately, Zero just doesn't lend himself to a variety of trophies as well as X does.

No Caption Provided
    S Rank HunterDefeat General as Zero while at no point acquiring any heart tanks or E-Tanks.
    No Caption Provided
    Winners Don't Press StartDefeat the final boss as Zero without any E-Tanks.
    No Caption Provided
    Wielder of the Elements
    Defeat General while at no point using the Z-Saber button except during the intro stage and the first stage after that.

^

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By egg

Here are some quickie trophies that don't require playing through most of the game. They are anything but easy, though!

No Caption Provided

Mushroom Slayer (X)Finish Split Mushroom's stage before entering any of the other stages.
    No Caption Provided

Mushroom Slayer (Zero)Finish Split Mushroom's stage before entering any of the other stages.
    No Caption Provided

Rock'em Sock'em
    Defeat Magma Dragoon while in a ride armor for the entire duration of the battle.

Futhermore, the following two trophies require a cheat code:

No Caption Provided
    Ultimate Armor QuestCreate a save file with X that has nothing but the Ultimate Armor. Get up to and defeat General while at no point acquiring any heart tanks or E-Tanks, and while at no point using the X-buster or any boss weapons, and while at no point pressing the dash button.
    No Caption Provided
    Ultimate Armor ShowdownDefeat Sigma as Ultimate Armor X without any heart tanks or E-Tanks.

To access the Ultimate Armor: At the character select screen press O twice then left six times, then press Start while holding down L1 and R2. You must continue holding down L1 and R2 until the intro stage begins. (you can press other buttons to skip the cutscenes) If you enter the code correctly, X will be a slightly different color. At that point simply entering any armor capsule will access the Ultimate Armor.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.