Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

how is this compared to the PC version?

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JudgeDread

anyone that has played both (PC % PS3) versions and can give an opinion on the differences?

have all games for PC and ME2 for PS3 but am considering buying the trilogy due to the crappy way DLC is handled on the PC version

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
    deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I played it for awhile on PS3 and it is hard to look at. PC on max settings at 60FPS or 5 year old console game at 30FPS and less...take your pick.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By isomeri

"Both versions" as in the PC and PS3 or the PC and 360?

I started my Mass Effect career playing on the Xbox 360 when the game was first released. The shitty framerate and other technical hiccups were enough to put me off playing it completely after only a few hours. Later on I bought Mass Effect 2 on the PC upon it's release and enjoyed it immensely. After finishing that game I immediately bought the original Mass Effect for the PC and really enjoyed my experience.

So in short, play it on the PC if possible.

Mnemoidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#4  Edited By Mnemoidian

FWIW; you can handle all the DLC for ME3 directly from Origin, no need to install seperate packs anymore.

Not sure if they've added the ME2 DLC to Origin, but I did see some of the ME1 DLC (Pinnacle station?) in Origin the other day (when looking for Omega/Leviathan, which I didn't find at the time (but did later) :P)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.