Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mass Effect

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 20, 2007

Humanity is still a newcomer on the futuristic galactic stage, and it's up to the charismatic Commander Shepard to investigate the actions of a rogue agent while under threat from a dangerous synthetic race known as the Geth.

A couple questions that have probably been answered, involving mods.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I started watching Mass Alex and I'm wanting to play ME1 on the PC as well and I was wondering what mods Vinny installed for the controller support and the high res textures?

Also, are there mods that are useful for ME2 and ME3?

Thanks!

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Quarters

If you want better textures, ALOT (A Lot of Textures) is absolutely essential. They cover the entire trilogy, and they make the games look fantastic by adding 4K resolutions. The Expanded Galaxy Mod for Mass Effect 3 is quite popular, but that just depends on what you are into. Also, all three games have controller mods, if you prefer to play that way. You can find everything you need for the whole series over on Nexus Mods.

Also, if you want to do some funky stuff for kicks, you can always download the Gibbed Save Editor. You can do just about whatever you want with your save through that for ME2 and ME3, at the very least. There's probably an equivalent for ME1 as well.

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You sir, are awesome!

Thank you!

FNGbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

If you specifically want what Vinny is using, I'm pretty sure he's using at least these two (thanks to @briarpack for pointing them out in another thread): MEUITM (Has the vibrant eyes option) & ME1Controller.

xamon0288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have used MEUITM for ME1 and ALOT for 2 and 3 and they look amazing. If you want to add controller support, there are a few caveat you need to know prior to installing the mod:

-Read the readme for both the texture mod and the controller mod because there is an order in which they need to be installed.

-Installing the controller mod removes every PC specific options from the menu (graphical settings) so launch the game first and set all of that up first before installing.

-In ME1, the controller support is wonky on Pinnacle Station.

Outside of that, it works great on all 3 games. Enjoy!

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tread folks. I looked into this stuff a couple of years ago and it looked like a lot of work to get the mods working. Now things look a lot more user friendly.

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@xamon0288: More than just the Pinnacle Station DLC -- for the final battle on Noveria, the game glitched in a such a way that Shepard was standing at a 90-degree angle to the camera, and zooming-in caused the zoom to focus on the off-center gun rather than the center of the screen.

It was weird.

vdortizo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The controller mods for ME 1-3 are a god send, using KB and mouse for mass effect was never very comfortable IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.