Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

MvC3 Issues I have

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Jayzilla

I really like both of the Universes that are coming together for this game. Same goes for Mortal Kombat and the DC characters. I just don't like them together. I don't want a Chris Redfield that can beat down The Incredible Hulk. I know that for games like this we are supposed to suspend our belief. I will try, but I did not buy MK vs. DC, because I thought it was lame that Scorpion could beat Superman. I know they put all of that, "They have no powers in this dimension" in there, but that is a pretty cookie-cutter, almost soap opera like way to explain things, isn't it? I just think that if you combine two worlds of characters, you should only use characters from each that actually feel as if they could fight each other. Maybe I am getting too old for this. The first one of these was released when I was 14 years old in the arcade. I just wish they would try harder than GI Joe and Transformers to be cool and believable and have a good story.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JokerSmilez

Dude, they're fictional characters.

Wolverine has a metal skeleton and claws. The Hulk is a giant green dude with strength relating to how angry he is.

Ryu can shoot fire balls from his hands. Dhalsim can stretch his limbs to about 10 feet.

And you're complaining about having to "suspend disbelief"? It's not supposed to be realistic in any way whatsoever. It's supposed to be a video game where you get to play as a fictional character with fictional powers fighting against other fictional characters with fictional powers. Get over it.

morningdrive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By morningdrive
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " Dude, they're fictional characters.  Wolverine has a metal skeleton and claws. The Hulk is a giant green dude with strength relating to how angry he is.  Ryu can shoot fire balls from his hands. Dhalsim can stretch his limbs to about 10 feet.  And you're complaining about having to "suspend disbelief"? It's not supposed to be realistic in any way whatsoever. It's supposed to be a video game where you get to play as a fictional character with fictional powers fighting against other fictional characters with fictional powers. Get over it. "
    this ^ yeah man its just all fake. I mean you can't really expect them to give them proper stats like they do in sports games lol its all make believe my friend.
    blueman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By blueman90
    @morningdrive said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " Dude, they're fictional characters.  Wolverine has a metal skeleton and claws. The Hulk is a giant green dude with strength relating to how angry he is.  Ryu can shoot fire balls from his hands. Dhalsim can stretch his limbs to about 10 feet.  And you're complaining about having to "suspend disbelief"? It's not supposed to be realistic in any way whatsoever. It's supposed to be a video game where you get to play as a fictional character with fictional powers fighting against other fictional characters with fictional powers. Get over it. "

I aggre
    Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lawrens

just think that if you combine two worlds of characters, you should only use characters from each that actually feel as if they could fight each other. Maybe I am getting too old for this.

I'm sorry :( 

It sucks not being able to have fun anymore =(

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MasturbatingBear

Yeah dude, what the hell?

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By harinosho
    @morningdrive said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    this ^ yeah man its just all fake. I mean you can't really expect them to give them proper stats like they do in sports games lol its all make believe my friend. "
    Tell that to Korea
    damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By damodar

So... Fighting game being balanced and not totally broken vs nitpicking about suspension of disbelief when everything else in the game is going to be totally absurd? 

I know which side I'm on.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Jadeskye

speaking of which, i debate the feasibility of the ability to produce a fireball! the physics are impossible!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @Jayzilla said:

" I really like both of the Universes that are coming together for this game. Same goes for Mortal Kombat and the DC characters. I just don't like them together. I don't want a Chris Redfield that can beat down The Incredible Hulk. I know that for games like this we are supposed to suspend our belief. I will try, but I did not buy MK vs. DC, because I thought it was lame that Scorpion could beat Superman. I know they put all of that, "They have no powers in this dimension" in there, but that is a pretty cookie-cutter, almost soap opera like way to explain things, isn't it? I just think that if you combine two worlds of characters, you should only use characters from each that actually feel as if they could fight each other. Maybe I am getting too old for this. The first one of these was released when I was 14 years old in the arcade. I just wish they would try harder than GI Joe and Transformers to be cool and believable and have a good story. "

This is the most* retarded post I've read in awhile, thanks.
    Domeuhlome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Domeuhlome
    @Napalm said:
    " @Jayzilla said:

" I really like both of the Universes that are coming together for this game. Same goes for Mortal Kombat and the DC characters. I just don't like them together. I don't want a Chris Redfield that can beat down The Incredible Hulk. I know that for games like this we are supposed to suspend our belief. I will try, but I did not buy MK vs. DC, because I thought it was lame that Scorpion could beat Superman. I know they put all of that, "They have no powers in this dimension" in there, but that is a pretty cookie-cutter, almost soap opera like way to explain things, isn't it? I just think that if you combine two worlds of characters, you should only use characters from each that actually feel as if they could fight each other. Maybe I am getting too old for this. The first one of these was released when I was 14 years old in the arcade. I just wish they would try harder than GI Joe and Transformers to be cool and believable and have a good story. "

This is the most* retarded post I've read in awhile, thanks. "
    Gezzz don't be mean. I guess I've never really thought about that, but I'm not really a fan of comics.
    bravetoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bravetoaster
    @JokerSmilez said:
    Yep, this about sums it up!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.