Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Feb 15, 2011

After a decade-long hiatus, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the popular crossover fighting game series characterized by fast-paced gameplay, complex tag teams, and elaborate combos.

Balance Changes for Super Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Avatar image for deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f
    deactivated-61f31c6da0e7f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

For all you guys in the loop, a "Super" MvC3 is all but announced for Comi-Con this week.  With that in mind, what are some potential balance changes (gameplay and character specific) would you like to see?

Gameplay:
    Nerf OTG combos so that they dont equal half health loss.  They're fine but can be too overpowered at points.

Nerf X-Factor.  I actually like X-Factor, but it should be toned down.  Maybe have it only available once one character is down, and have only two levels of X-Factor, and eliminate Level 3 in general.

Wesker: Health nerf.
    Wolverine: Overall damage nerf.
    Hulk: Overall damage nerf.
    Arthur: Give a real foward dash.
    Thor: Make Mighty Spark cancelable and increase moving speed.
    Magneto: Give Magnetic Blast more priority thereby making it actually useful.
    Sentinel: Make drones have less priority.
    Tron: Slight health nerf.

What are some of your ideas?
    iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iDarktread

I want them to buff training mode.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#3  Edited By Hailinel
    • Better balance, of course. There's no point in a game with a roster of this size if only a small fraction of the cast is viable for any form of competition.
    • More characters that haven't been in a Vs. game before. Also more diversity of franchises. (i.e.: If five Capcom characters are added, no more than one should be from any form of Street Fighter title.)
    • Better online, of course.
    • Better single-player content.
    • Gene and Squirrel Girl.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle
    • Storm has been pretty useless in this game, she could do with improvements all around
    • X-Factor needs to be toned down if only to stop the one-women army that is Level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix
    • Wolverine's damage output needs to be toned down a bit, not too much or it'll be Street Fighter IV Sagat to Super Street Fighter IV Sagat all over again.
    • Trish's hypers could do with a little boost in power, that should make her a little more relevant
    • Haggar needs a way to open opponents up, without assists all he has is the pipe which people are already wary of
    • Wesker dominates Sentinel one-on-one, even more so if Wesker has assists, some character specific changes could help that

@Hailinel said:

• Better balance, of course. There's no point in a game with a roster of this size if only a small fraction of the cast is viable for any form of competition.
    • More characters that haven't been in a Vs. game before. Also more diversity of franchises. (i.e.: If five Capcom characters are added, no more than one should be from any form of Street Fighter title.)
    • Better online, of course.
    • Better single-player content.
    • Gene and Squirrel Girl.

Those aren't balance changes, that's just a general wishlist.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By craigbo180

Spectator mode for lobbies would be great and reply mode would be nice as well. Mainly I just want to see more new characters and I agree with Hailinel that if five Capcom characters are added only one should be SF (I hope for Guile). It would be nice to see an improved training mode and maybe one additional costume for each character so they all have five.

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By jkuc316
    @FLStyle said: 
    • X-Factor needs to be toned down if only to stop the one-women army that is Level 3 X-Factor Dark Phoenix
    LOL That's true, I beat my Brother using her alone while he had 3 characters alive and everyone else on my team was dead.
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By groin

Wolverine's damage output is not the problem. Most of the cast can kill a character with 1 touch. Wolverine is good because of the  Berserker Slash mixup when paired with an assist like Akuma, his instant overhead ability, and his dive kick is +8 on block (absurd!). Wolverine can mix you up high/low and front/back so it is hard to defend against him. One of those mixups eventually hits you and then your character is dead.

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By groin
    @Hailinel: I hope they add Evil Ryu and Oni to the MVC3 update :)
    gosukiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gosukiller

- X factor nerfed. All levels preferably, but just LVL3 is also fine. 

- Wolverine Dive kick nerfed. 

That's all I can think of right now.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By BabyChooChoo
    @iDarktread said:
    I want them to buff training mode.
    As in put one in that's actually useful?
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By FLStyle

@craigbo180: Again none of that has anything to do with balance changes. If you want a wishlist thread there's one right here.

@groin: My train of thought was that toning the damage down would mean that he keeps what makes him good but stops him from one-touch killing but I'll concede on the dive kick.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@groin said:

@Hailinel: I hope they add Evil Ryu and Oni to the MVC3 update :)

Don't know why you would. Or why you're replying to me to state this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.