Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mario Kart 8

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 29, 2014

Mario Kart returns and makes its HD-debut with gravity-defying hover vehicles, a new spin on the traditional track designs, ATVs, the return of classic Last Man Standing-Battle Mode, custom online tournaments and Mario Kart TV, which allows for sharing of highlight videos online.

Wii Wheel Users

Benjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Wanted to see if there are any people out there still committed to using the Wii Wheel.

I still use it.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@benjo: Once my copy finally arrives, I'll be using the GamePad with gyro controls. Loved playing MKWii with the Wii Wheel. I know Josh from TheBitBlock still swears by the wheel, too.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

The Wii Wheel was amazing on MKWii, and one of the most competitive ways to play online. I haven't tried it yet with MK8, but hopefully they didn't find a way to ruin it.

tildebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm using tilt controls!

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I also dusted off the Wii Wheel for this. Some things are a bit harder to control (specifically altitude when gliding - I think I tend to pull up sooner than I should and the game sets the "neutral angle" higher than I'm expecting) but overall I really like how the game plays with the wheel.

Not to mention shaking to do tricks is pretty convenient, especially because it doesn't screw you up if you try it in a non-trickable state.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.