Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 17, 2009

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers is a streamlined, user-friendly, version of the popular trading card game. Take one of eight decks and engage in a battle of wits against the computer or online opponents.

Price

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fracture

Looks like this will be 800 MSP. I would have expected them to try and get us for 20$ actually, being Magic the Gathering and all. Glad to see this at a more the reasonable price.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Diamond

I hope it has enough cards, and I hope they don't try to milk us badly on DLC.

The game's presentation looked fantastic in some videos I saw.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fracture

I believe the count I read was like 250 cards or so. Might be 230, can't really remember.

If they want to release 250 or so new cards every few months for 10 bucks I'd gladly pay for that. Sure beats the regular games price. 250 cards if you bought them via the regular game would run you about 45$.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

Im just glad were getting this.  Cant wait, when was this announced? I have heard anything

cannot wait!

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Magic on the XBLA? I need to tell one of my friends about this. He is obsessed with the game.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fracture

This was actually announced last year. They showed off an alpha(ish) build back at PAX in '08 also. If you do some searching via youtube or google you can find some vids people took of the game in action. I'm hoping they release a 250 card pack every few months for 10 bucks.

Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Kraivyne

As far as I remember they said it will include something like 280+ cards. Although you will start with only a limited amount and as you play you will unlock more of them.

Wizards of the Coast have also stated that they plan to release additional free and paid DLC which will include other cards that will not cause imbalance to the game.

Hopefully all of this is true!

MTGFTW
    Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fracture

That's cool, It's almost like getting a whole large block expansion (IE shards of alara) for 10 bucks. I can dig that.

Kraivyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Kraivyne
    @Fracture said:
    " That's cool, It's almost like getting a whole large block expansion (IE shards of alara) for 10 bucks. I can dig that. "
    I know it doesnt really matter in a card game, but the graphics are top noch. I hope that Wizards of the Coast support this with loads of updates.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I just played the demo and was pretty satisfied with the presentation. For $10, I think I might have to jump on this.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Pretty old thread but with the tread topic being what it is I would like to make a comment.

Wouldn't this be a good platform for Base set editions but not other blocks?  If they would just release all of 10th edition and allow us to make decks it would be great!  And the DLC could be 11th, etc.  

(Before you comment, its been years since I played.  It may very well be up to 11th edition already.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.