Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 17, 2009

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers is a streamlined, user-friendly, version of the popular trading card game. Take one of eight decks and engage in a battle of wits against the computer or online opponents.

Online is flawed

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jeffsekai

Why? because in a 4v4 FFA nothing is stopping people from joining with there friend.

Just got out of a game where it was down to one black user and a green deck, if the black guy had of been using his cards on the other dude he would have been dead (the green guy) instead he was using it on me, making me discard cards when I had nothing in my hand, He's doing all this while the other green guy has a ton of powerful monsters where he could easily kill both of us and instead of using cards on him that would have screwed him over (i.e. discard cards, kill monters etc.) he used them on me who at this point had 2 2/2's on the feild and an empty hand. So I sent him a msg saying "Your dumb" I get one back saying how him and the other guy are friends and I am not going to win bitch.  After getting said msg I immideatly just left, wasnt going to continue being there bitch.

Take this as more of a warning I guess, match was cool while it lasted I suppose tho.

Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Zombieheadbutt

Its Xbox Live, there is a certain amount of douche-baggery you have to expect.  It never even occurred to me to try anything other than the 1v1 games.  I've never been a big fan of large games of magic.  To much to keep up with and to many people want their way, etc.

Harknett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Harknett

The real flaw in the online is not counting disconnects as wins or allowing for a "concede" button. In the time it took to get the 10 Online Wins achievement I had probably won 25 matches, 15 of which my opponet disconnected as soon as they saw I had lethal on board.

MODO has "Right click -> Concede", why can't this game have a similar feature? 
    Zombieheadbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Zombieheadbutt
    @Harknett: That is a great idea and the only reason I can think of that could account for its not being in the game would be that it would make it easier for friends to hook up and continually win or lose games for card unlocks and ranked games.

A dumb reason but thats all I can think of.
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By VisariLoyalist

Yeah, in general the internet is flawed... then again so is everything ever looked upon by human eyes.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss
    @Zombieheadbutt said:
    " @Harknett: That is a great idea and the only reason I can think of that could account for its not being in the game would be that it would make it easier for friends to hook up and continually win or lose games for card unlocks and ranked games.

A dumb reason but thats all I can think of.
    "
    There's an easy solution to this problem. All they would have to do is make player matches unregulated (so yes, stupid shit like this could still happen there), but impose rules on the ranked matches that prevent people from joining with their friends. Sure, some people would sneak by (there's always a way), but it would be a satisfactory deterrent for most.

Or you could just play one on one and team battles. Then everyone's happy. Except you, if you have a hard-on for free-for-alls, that is.
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ectoplasma
    I concur!

@Harknett
    said:
    " The real flaw in the online is not counting disconnects as wins or allowing for a "concede" button. In the time it took to get the 10 Online Wins achievement I had probably won 25 matches, 15 of which my opponet disconnected as soon as they saw I had lethal on board.

MODO has "Right click -> Concede", why can't this game have a similar feature? 
    "

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.