Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 17, 2009

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers is a streamlined, user-friendly, version of the popular trading card game. Take one of eight decks and engage in a battle of wits against the computer or online opponents.

Holy Crap!

PowerBombYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By PowerBombYo

This game is great!
    You get to play Magic without all the guesswork. By "guesswork" I mean not having to argue with your friends about what a certain cards abilities can and cannot do. No more friends giving you a bull crap story about how their card does something that it really should not be able to do.

Worth 10 bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Ineedaname

Definately, I was shocked how much I've played it since I had it, easily near about 7 hours put into the game. for about £7 you can't complain.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

And yet... you still can't make your own goddamn decks. Ugh.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

The game is a TON of fun.  Only thing that seems disappointing to me is that the single player campaign won't go on for longer.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By End_Boss

I can't make my own deck. UNSOLD.

Also, if you are actually interested in the game (and the same goes for your friends), there shouldn't be any guesswork to tabletop Magic. Hell, if you or your friends can't be convinced, you can always crack open the internet and look up the official ruling (which I've had to do when dealing with the Lifelink mechanic).

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By grilledcheez

Yeah it's pretty sweet...made me remember that Magic: The Gathering existed (and also made me try to find my old cards...which I couldn't).  The only bad thing is the host can quit when you're about to own him. :(

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
    ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess

Yeah this game is fun. I've completed the White deck, Black Deck, Red Deck and Green and Black deck. Almost have the Blue one done. Maybe I'll share some pics and info on those cards sometime soon.

P.S. Ohh and to let you guys know when you open a mixed deck up there is only 15 unlockable cards not 17.

hungrynun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By hungrynun
    @Jayge said:
    " And yet... you still can't make your own goddamn decks. Ugh. "
    I'm actually okay with this. Considering how many pre-made decks the game has for $10 as opposed to what $10 would actually get for me with real cards (what is that like 4 boosters?) this game seems to have more value.

Sure it'll get repetitive eventually but for now I'm just enjoying the make due with what you have mentality the game has with it's pre made decks.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64
    @Jayge said:
    " And yet... you still can't make your own goddamn decks. Ugh. "
    That is the only thing I hate about this game.  Other then that, I love it.
    Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I r downloading it nao.

kanniggit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#11  Edited By kanniggit
    It's great. I have had a lot more fun with it than I have ever had actually playing magic against real people.
    ectoplasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ectoplasma

It's a GOOD thing that the decks are not customizable. That would just lead to everyone playing the "the best" 3 variations pretty quickly. For an online game which should have some longelivety LITTLE CUSTOMIZATION is always a good thing, it ends up making the game more diverse.

Take a look at spectromancer, it does a great job of keeping to be interesting and it only has 5 houses whereby every house has 8 cards. All the other cards are shared. I still sunk easily 40 hours in Spectromancers multiplayer. And it does some things quite better than magic (speed of gameplay ie).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.