Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jun 17, 2009

Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers is a streamlined, user-friendly, version of the popular trading card game. Take one of eight decks and engage in a battle of wits against the computer or online opponents.

Anyone else run into people intentionally freezing the game?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By TheFreeMan

So I don't play Magic online, but my brothers both do, and I just observed something very odd. My brother began a ranked matched online with another player, and when it started going bad for the other player, the game suddenly froze. My brother refused to quit, not wanting his rank to go down. So, he put on our Simpsons DVDs and flipped back every once and a while to see if it resumed. The other player also stayed. After an hour of waiting, my brother sent the player a message asking him if he was still there.

He didn't get a message back, and so continued to wait. We had dinner and an hour later the game suddenly resumed. It was then, two hours after the initial freeze, that he became extremely suspicious of the other player, who as soon as he was about to lose, disconnected. Following that, he filed a complaint and sent some harsh words to the dude, at which point he sent a response saying "you have no life staring @ magic 4 2hrs".

So, is this a common problem online? I've searched with google and there are a few small threads on some other forums, but not much. It turned out that the player in suspicion was actually (apparently) pretty high up in rank, so this strategy of his must work well for him.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I was in a 4 player match the other day and the player who got eliminated first stayed and spectated the game.  He then froze the game and since he was not actually playing the timer did not end and we all had to quit because he refused to unhold the game.

There definitely needs to be an update that fixes this problem

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.