Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

This is making me want to play Dark Souls

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I skipped Demon's Souls and played both Dark Souls and DSII. Both for about 300 hours. I dare say I'm a huge fan of the type of game.

Naturally, I checked out Lords of the Fallen for that very reason. I was one of the people who said, when this was announced: 'If this is a slightly less good version of Dark Souls then that would be fine with me'. I really like the style of game and wanted to play more of it.

Now that I've been playing it though, I never feel drawn back into it. Whenever a gaming session ends I never think about it again. Instead I keep thinking about Dark Souls. Whenever I'm playing it, I keep thinking about Dark Souls.

The problem with this game for me, is that it seems to be a less good Dark Souls on all fronts. I thought I wanted that, but apparently I do not. This game tries so hard to be Dark Souls that it doesn't really have its own identity. It's not its own thing. So I keep wanting to play the better version of this game and I can.

I found myself drawn back into Dark Souls and actually starting a new character and I haven't played Lords of the Fallen since. It is weird because I can recognize this game is pretty good, but I just don't feel like playing it. At all.

Anyone else in the same boat?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

While I feel like Lords of the Fallen isn't as good as the Souls games, I don't have that feeling that makes me want to go back to Dark Souls (or in this case Dark Souls II since I haven't finished that). There's a couple of neat ideas in the game that I wish From would implement in their future Souls games, like the ability to sprint and shield bash to knock an enemy off their feet/stun lock them (even though the controls don't quite work perfectly). Sure they already have a kick, but I could never pull it off effectively so it's wasted on me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.