Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

My first LP Video

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Howdy guys, this isn't intended to promote my youtube channel I'm just posting this here to get an idea of what people think of it. Obviously there's the audio issue of either me breathing into the mic or it picking up my fan which is something I've sorted out for future videos. I'm mainly interested in whether people thought the video flowed well and whether I sounded reasonably intelligent in the proceedings. I will undoubtedly redo the episode in the future and while I don't think I can do a better opening monologue I can certainly improve on the other aspects of the video.

I intend to play through the entire game with Rogue, I'm unsure whether I'll play any other classes aside from random additional videos to show off whatever boss weapons I can't or don't pick up over the course of the LP. If some knowledgeable people about the game such as @sterling have any specific advice as to what things I should look at, remember, talk about et cetera I'd be very interested in what they had to say. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of the lore in the game but perhaps not a comprehensive one.

Don't be afraid to bash the video (aside from the aforementioned audio issues), I'll take any sort of criticism I can get just to get a general idea of what the public perception of the video will wind up being.

An idea as to what I could talk about with more specificity is explaining that the opening cinematic is demonstrating the Mimic spell in a very over the top fashion, though since I'm not playing a Cleric I don't think it immediately flows well to implement such a discussion. If you have any questions regarding the game or its status as a "Souls Clone" and why I think that very concept in and of itself has a lot of merit then feel free to ask.

Here's me singing Battle Hymn of the Republic for no reason in particular:

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By koolaid

This game is underrated. I will watch this video later.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@koolaid: Here's the actual first episode if you're curious (after like 7 or 8 failed recording attempts), audio issues sorted out and not as many shots fired:

Loading Video...

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@dudeglove: Shouldn't be as big of a deal in the actual episode, but yes eventually I'll try to have an actual setup and a good PC and so forth but for now we're in the ghetto elements of barebones youtube. Since it's the first LP it doesn't make a ton of difference as I'll probably suck at commentary for a while anyway.

Thanks for responding though. I guess the intent of the initial video aside from it being the actual first recording attempt is just to have a video that's easy to criticize.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

lords of the fallen is too boring to watch, sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.