Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Wasn't there a demo on the 360 marketplace?

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I heard from some friends that there was a multiplayer/co-op demo on the Xbox Live Market place a few weeks ago. I didn't have a Gold subscription then so I figured that I would wait until I did before I downloaded it. Now I do, but when I go to Left 4 Dead on the Marketplace there is like no content (other than one video). Does anybody know what happened?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal

It was a limited time demo.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

Hmm. I didn't even know of such a thing. Did any other games have demos that were "limited time"?

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By weltal
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "Hmm. I didn't even know of such a thing. Did any other games have demos that were "limited time"?"
    None that I'm aware of. I think the reasoning behind it was the A.I. director would give too much replayablity to the demo. Or it could be another reason, I don't know.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brukaoru

I've heard of multi-player portions of demo being taken down, such as Burnout Paradise. It makes sense to do that because if they don't take it down, people will just keep on playing the demo and never purchase the full game (in some cases). Plus those demo servers can be used for people who actually bought the game.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
    Weltal said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    "Hmm. I didn't even know of such a thing. Did any other games have demos that were "limited time"?"
    None that I'm aware of. I think the reasoning behind it was the A.I. director would give too much replayablity to the demo. Or it could be another reason, I don't know."

Am I the only one who doesn't even notice what this is?
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "Weltal said:
    "OneEyedNinja7 said:
    None that I'm aware of. I think the reasoning behind it was the A.I. director would give too much replayablity to the demo. Or it could be another reason, I don't know."

Am I the only one who doesn't even notice what this is?"
    What? The A.I director? That's just what they call the programming that caters the experience to how you play. (i.e. if you suck, less zombies)

Other than that, the A.I. director isn't as amazing as everyone makes it sound. It does not add infinite replayability, but changes small factors around that slightly alter the experience. I think it's just because they wanted people to try out the game for a limited time before they took it off. Happens all the time.
    Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Babble
    OneEyedNinja7 said:
    They did this on Steam as well. People began modding the demo, which is probably a dual reason with the A.I. Director.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.