Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Uber mega Hunter jump

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By Forcen

How do you walljump anyway?

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Hamz

Holy crap man, that was like....Spiderman or Venom style jumping there. Awesome find mate, now i want to go try that out!

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

EPIC!!!!! OMG

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CoverlessTech

To wall jump turn around in the air and hit the pounce button again as you touch the wall. So for 360 it's RT, RB, RT. If you want to jump on more of an angle you have to turn to that angle instead of hitting RB. 

Most people don't know about this and it really throws people off. I love doing it on No Mercy Chapter 3, freaks the heck out of every body.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

The person who uploaded the video should post it on another service, unless Vimeo is allowing video game videos again, it will be taken down soon.

Anyway, pretty epic jump, very cool.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scooper

Nice jump. I love wall jumping, it can really slow down a team as they try and shoot you while you're going crazy like that.

soviet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By soviet_

Alright guys, just registered to say glad you like the clip. I noticed that this thread was the cause of my most views over on Vimeo so thanks. It's also on YouTube in HD.

Working on a longer video at the minute, got around 10 or so similar big jumps including the one you've seen already so I'll let you know when it's done.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By kush

That was quite the nice jump right there...makes me want to play some L4D right now, but sadly my 360 hasn't returned yet.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187
    soviet_ said:
    "Alright guys, just registered to say glad you like the clip. I noticed that this thread was the cause of my most views over on Vimeo so thanks. It's also on YouTube in HD.

Working on a longer video at the minute, got around 10 or so similar big jumps including the one you've seen already so I'll let you know when it's done."
    DOOD!!!  THAT SHIT IS FUCKING AWESOME!!!
    Now I'm going to be trying to wall jump all night on L4D after I get off work.  Why isn't there any achievement for doing something like THAT?!
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i did some thing similar to that once unfortunately it as by accident :P 

Zebadee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zebadee

That was quite a jump!

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Lunarbunny

Too bad it's in shitty resolution, I want to know the pounce damage from that. It looks like something insane like 57.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Kazona

sings It's raining Hunters!

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Lunarbunny
    Kazona said:
    "sings It's raining Hunters!"
    Now that you mention it, that song came to my head in level 2 of Death Toll when a swarm came falling from the upper level of the drainage...
    soviet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By soviet_
    Lunarbunny said:
    "Too bad it's in shitty resolution, I want to know the pounce damage from that. It looks like something insane like 57."
    You can watch it on YouTube or Vimeo in HD if you prefer. The damage from then jump is 25 which is the maximum you can do I believe.

Just uploaded another video to YouTube with more of these jumps, waiting for it to be processed in HD at the moment so will post a link when it is done :)

Edit: New movie now available "Death From Above" YouTube
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scooper
    soviet_ said:
    "Lunarbunny said:
    "Too bad it's in shitty resolution, I want to know the pounce damage from that. It looks like something insane like 57."
    You can watch it on YouTube or Vimeo in HD if you prefer. The damage from then jump is 25 which is the maximum you can do I believe.

Just uploaded another video to YouTube with more of these jumps, waiting for it to be processed in HD at the moment so will post a link when it is done :)

Edit: New movie now available "Death From Above" YouTube
    "

Dude it was cool and all but no one really is going to watch it twice or in HD res. Well, probably everyone is.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hamz

Well i finally managed to get the jump and understand how to effectively do the "leapfrog" or "spiderman" jump as i've seen people call it where you jump from wall to wall or between multiple surfaces as you pick some unlucky victim. It was really awesome to be honest, i managed to copy the jump in the video but i missed my target lol. Tried it again and managed to get the second jump to work, nailed some unlucky player before being promptly smacked over the head with a shotgun. Still it was rather awesome to finally get the jump like the video and hit a target. Definately worth trying out if only to see peoples reactions.

Another thing i noticed is if your quick enough its insane to do the "wall jumping" in small rooms going from wall to wall around the survivors and watching them just spray n pray that they hit you as you whizz past screaming like a banshee. Not so cool though when one of them gets a lucky melee hit and knocks you for six, then its all game over lol

soviet_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By soviet_

@Scooper, I was just letting him know that there was a HD option available :)

@Hamz, well done! Doing the jump isn't the hardest part, the timing is (and you have the added pain of the target changing direction or stopping altogether). Once you get the hang of it, it's so much fun to just walljump around and I agree that it's great when you jump from wall to wall in a corridor or the whole team is in.

I made another video with some more jumps in if you want to try them, see here. I'm sure there are plenty more variations and new pounces that people can come up with, would love to see them

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.