Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

I Thought I Recognized That Laugh.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Death_Burnout

Not that is ground breakingly new, but whilst playing as Bill (which is what i always do) i've heard his laugh quite a fair bit, but it took one big cackle of a laugh to make me finally realise that Bill is totally voiced by the same guy who did Father Grigori from Half-Life 2. Which makes it 10 times better because i loved Father Grigori, its funny actually, one was in Ravenholm fighting zombies and the other is also, fighting zombies.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Coltonio7

You'd better only use the shotgun.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Yeah I recognized that pretty fast because it wasn't too long before I heard him in L4D that I played that ravenholm level in HL2 while waiting for L4D to come out lol. Also, the chick that does Zoey's voice, is totally the same voice for Cortana in Halo. Dunno about anyone else.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Death_Burnout
    pause422 said:
    "Yeah I recognized that pretty fast because it wasn't too long before I heard him in L4D that I played that ravenholm level in HL2 while waiting for L4D to come out lol. Also, the chick that does Zoey's voice, is totally the same voice for Cortana in Halo. Dunno about anyone else."
    Yeah i knew about Zoey being Cortana, although i didnt know till someone said, i wouldnt of guessed, mainly because i dont play a lot of Halo to know it enough.

Perhaps give us a winchester rifle that acts like a shotgun, them im just Grigori the early years (kinda!)
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Yeah I don't play halo, played all their single players at least once though, andI knew it sounded familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it at first and had to find out where I heard it from. Bill's voice I probably would of never realized was Grigori's if I hadn't played hl2 like the week before L4D came out though, because I hadn't played it in a few years before that.

DavidLeeRoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DavidLeeRoth

Check out L4D's imbd page.
    All the additional voices seem to have also done voice work for TF2 and/or Halo. I thought the most interesting members of the cast were the two guys who did the "infected sounds". Fred Tatasciore did the voice of the Brutes from Halo 3 and Damon Baird from Gears of War. The other guy, Mike Patton was the lead singer of Faith No More and did the voice of the creatures from I Am Legend.

sionweeks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By sionweeks

That guy freaks me out a lot.  It was definitely one of the best parts of Half-Life 2. I wish he hadn't left so early :(

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187
    DavidLeeRoth said:
    "Check out L4D's imbd page.
    All the additional voices seem to have also done voice work for TF2 and/or Halo. I thought the most interesting members of the cast were the two guys who did the "infected sounds". Fred Tatasciore did the voice of the Brutes from Halo 3 and Damon Baird from Gears of War. The other guy, Mike Patton was the lead singer of Faith No More and did the voice of the creatures from I Am Legend."
    Patton also did the voice for The Darkness in The Darkness...and it was one of the single best voice acting jobs I've ever heard.  That dood can make absolutely amazing bone-chilling sounds!!!
    Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bulldog19892
    sionweeks said:
    "That guy freaks me out a lot.  It was definitely one of the best parts of Half-Life 2. I wish he hadn't left so early :("
    Yeah, but if he stuck around too long he probably would have worn out his welcome instead of being as fondly remembered as he is.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jakob187 said:
    "DavidLeeRoth said:
    "Check out L4D's imbd page.
    All the additional voices seem to have also done voice work for TF2 and/or Halo. I thought the most interesting members of the cast were the two guys who did the "infected sounds". Fred Tatasciore did the voice of the Brutes from Halo 3 and Damon Baird from Gears of War. The other guy, Mike Patton was the lead singer of Faith No More and did the voice of the creatures from I Am Legend."
    Patton also did the voice for The Darkness in The Darkness...and it was one of the single best voice acting jobs I've ever heard.  That dood can make absolutely amazing bone-chilling sounds!!!"
    Yeah, Patton was awesome as The Darkness. Then again, I'm a huge fan of his. If you want some straight up scary music, listen to his band Fantomas.
    Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Death_Burnout

Patton does some pretty good voices, he was good in The Darkness, he's ok from what i've heard so far from Bionic Commando. Wouldn't of guessed he voiced the creatures from I Am Legend though!

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HandsomeDead

Fred Tatasciore does the monster voices for like everything. He did the beast voices in MGS4 too, for those of you couldn't be bothered clicking the IMDb link up above.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

I wish I could see video of Fred Tatasciore doing the voices for the infected.  I saw him doing some for Gears of War 2 locust, and it was crazy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.