Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 18, 2008

Left 4 Dead puts players in the role of one of four survivors during a zombie apocalypse. Survivors will depend on co-operation to get from one safe house to another, while facing hordes of "Infected", four of which can be controlled by human players in certain game modes.

Expert: Tips and Tricks. Also, Post Your Statistics.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

The basic premise of this thread is to deliver some helpful information when delving into Expert. Use this post to also display how well you did on your recent Expert campaign.

Tips

General Tips

• Use melee often and effectively. Melee knocks back large groups of enemies and gives you time to line up shots very well.
    • When reloading, you may melee if needed. The instant you start reloading, whether it's an automatic or a shotgun, the bullets will be replenished  as you knock back the opposition. The only thing that is interrupted is the actual animation which does not matter.
    • Tanks are assholes. And what do you do to assholes? Light them on fire. Always have a Molotov on-hand to throw at a tank. Often times you can "kite" them until they die.
    • When in a narrow corridor, or whenever moving in front of allies use crouch. You've probably already figured this out from the tip that pops up during loading but it cannot be said enough. It will allow you to shoot over your teammates heads and help take down any problematic zombies.
    • Be careful with health. If you get low on health from the beginning, using up health packs too hastily, it is wise to restart. Falling behind in this area might cause a lot of deaths.
    • When a teammate is below 50% health and you are entering a safe room at the end of the level, consider this. You might want to kill him. Not only will they respawn when the next level loads, but they will have half health. It's better than Bill limping around with one blip. Discuss this before you take action, obviously.

No Mercy (First Campaign)

• Chapter 4, for when you call the elevator. Stand at the room across from the elevator at the end of the hall. None of these walls can be broken by enemies. One guy should be crouched in front of everyone, mashing the left trigger to melee and daze all enemies. The rest should be elevated and taking out all of the zombies and specials.
    • Chapter 5, the finale. Every finale, as you should know if you are playing on Expert, is scripted the same way. Horde, tank, horde, tank, evac. That's how it goes. Your camping spot for the horde waves should be in the closet next to the weapon rack. One person should be placed, crouched, inside the entrance (off to the side so he doesn't get attacked by specials). The other three should be spread out in the cramped location. Once the tank is en route, immediately get out of the area. There are usually three places where Molotovs can spawn on the roof. If facing the turret, those locations are on the building to the left, right, and immediate front. The tank needs to be hit with a Molotov as soon as possible, and effectively moved around the area avoiding damage. Repeat again, then make your way to the chopper.

Death Toll (Second Campaign)

• Chapter 5, the finale. Stock up and get in the bathroom on the bottom floor of the house. One dedicated melee'er should be crouched in front. The others should be placed on top of the sink, toilet, and near the entrance on the ground... respectively. Elevated enough to shoot over the crouched guy. When you realize it's tank time, get out of the closet and assess the situation. You need to find where the tank is coming from, and set him on fire. It should also be noted you might want to be using auto shotties, at least for the tank, simply because it helps take him out faster. Repeat this one more time, grab pipe bombs, and carefully work your way to the pier.

Dead Air (Third Campaign)

• To be continued, I have not completed this campaign on Expert.

Blood Harvest (Fourth Campaign)

• Also incomplete. Another one to be worked on.

Statistics

No Mercy completed in 0 hours, 58 minutes. 1 restart in the entire campaign (during finale).
    Death Toll unsure. Well over 3 hours (lots of problems on finale). Many restarts. Did not keep track.
    Dead Air not complete.
    Blood Harvest not complete.

So there you have it, feel free to post whatever you've gotten on an Expert campaign. I will also add in tips that others provide, and if I feel them worthy to be noted. The more in-depth we get with the different encounters, the better.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Nice read , good job

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

Cool, some negatived my post. Means I'm doing my job!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Have a +1 my good man

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Damonation

I don't know if you guys saw this glitch but you can get infinite grenades in any spot where there is two or more. If you pick one up right as you throw one, it'll spawn another one. Kinda cheating but if it helps you get through expert I won't hesitate to use it.

Here is the link: http://www.left4dead411.com/news/2008/11/unlimited-grenades/

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

I'd pass, that's pretty gay. Gj with the tips vin, no idea why anyone would negative that...

lmao, what a joke. someone negatives me now. God I love it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

That's a pretty good post so far...I think with some more work etc it should be turned into a guide. An "Expert" guide is exactly what this game needs...most important thing needed when going for Expert = Good (non-idiot) teammates! :P

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By thebeast

Great stuff! How about you throw it in a publicly editable guide and let everyone contribute to it?

Robot_Vampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Robot_Vampire
    TheBeast said:
    "Great stuff! How about you throw it in a publicly editable guide and let everyone contribute to it?"

Yeah this is a good idea, you could help people who are stuck and people who have already mastered the game can pass on their tips and tricks as well. Good stuff though!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper

Nice thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.