Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Week 7 Mutation: Chainsaw Massacre

scallywag179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By scallywag179

All chainsaws all the time - and they don't run out of gas.  Definitely my favorite mutation so far. Played with some friends this afternoon and we had a blast.  You guys try this one yet?

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mmmslash

I wonder if you can get that achievement using it.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Bigandtasty

Pretty fun though having AI makes things problematic (the AI will attack zombies that are attracted to pipe bombs, and will attempt to chainsaw a witch immediately after seeing it), and public dudes will often friendly fire you. Still pretty fun to me as long as I'm playing on Easy/Normal, though.

I'm more interested in that rumored "M60 with unlimited ammo" mutation.

@Mmmslash said:

" I wonder if you can get that achievement using it. "

Tank Burger? Pretty sure it counts. If you're talking about any Expert achievements, the lack of any ranged weapons (other than pistols, which means giving up the chainsaw) kills the chances of succeeding on Expert.
    rathantoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rathantoras

I was actually just playing a little bit now, I like how it makes you stick together more but then smokers are just a bitch now.

JustinSane311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By JustinSane311

Chainsaw Massacre  is one of my favorite mutations.  The entire game I couldn't stop smiling!!!

Yeah the Tank Burger achievement unlocks in this mode...however I played all six mutations and I didn't get the mutant overload achievement or garden gnome prop.  

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mmmslash
    @Bigandtasty:  I was thinking more like the "Do an entire campaign, using only melee weapons" one. Confederacy of Crutches, I think?

This one.
    Daouzin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Daouzin
    @Mmmslash said:
    " @Bigandtasty:  I was thinking more like the "Do an entire campaign, using only melee weapons" one. Confederacy of Crutches, I think?

This one. "
    I'm pretty sure you can, me and a friend killed a tank in the mode and unlocked the achievement for killing a tank with only melee weapons. 

To get Confederacy of Crutches you just got to be careful not to fire your pistol when you get downed. My friend accidentally did that, so the achievement didn't unlock for him. I had already unlocked it so I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty positive it'd unlock.
    MoTheHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MoTheHawk
    @Mmmslash said:
    " @Bigandtasty:  I was thinking more like the "Do an entire campaign, using only melee weapons" one. Confederacy of Crutches, I think?

This one. "
    Yeah, just remember to not fire your pistol if you're incaped.
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Chainsaw Massacre is my favorite one so far. It's a ton a fun with friends and great for a lot of laughs. I only wish that it had Bleed Out's frequency of hordes. Still, it more than washes away the bad taste left by Last Man On Earth.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

Oh god, that sounds crazy.

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By spaceturtle
    @scallywag179: 
    Man that sounds awesome! I've been so lazy not playing any L4D2 as of late and I've totally missed out on the mutation stuff. I mean, I haven't even checked out that mode. A buddy of mine has only told me good things about it though, so I guess I have to check it out, AiEsAiPi.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.