Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 Etiquette

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 2

Edited By mrhankey

1. DUCK! If you’re going to jump out and take point then duck, I can’t stress this enough. (This applies to both gun and melee equipped players. This way you avoid friendly fire and you create a nice sweeping motion across the map.
    2. INFORM people of your motives. If you’re going for an achievement, tell the group, that way they can either tell you 1) we aren't doing achievements or 2) agree to help.
    3. COMMUNICATE! If someone is telling you that you are too far behind, too far ahead, or just in general not being a good team player, do not make excuses. Take it as constructive criticism and adjust, no one likes to play with someone where the constant discussion is:

-Why did you go up there without help?
    -Because I wanted to see what was up there.
    -And now you’re dead.

Some random notes:

• Feel free to use melee weapons, but to be honest when more than two people have melee weapons it’s annoying.
    • Use pistols or your melee weapon until you really need to use your more powerful weapon (ie: when there are any special infected or uncommon infected. This conserves ammo).
    • Make use of explosive and such; don’t always wait for someone to tell you to use it. Intuition is a key to survival.
    • REMEMBER: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are not Halo do not spam obscenities or immature remarks (or noises) over the mic, some people may find it’s funny, but I can guarantee in a real Zombie Apocalypse I bet they would kill you and just claim you were infected.
    • STRESSED NOTE: DIC! Duck, Inform, Communicate. When it comes down to it if you’re not communicating your team is probably going to fuck up badly. Take all criticism, it’s all probably true. Play the game and survive.

--------------------------
    Feel free to suggest any additions and or edits i should make.
    You can find this guide and links to other more in-depth guides here: 
    http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/how-to-survive-the-apocalypse/1461/
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mrhankey

1. DUCK! If you’re going to jump out and take point then duck, I can’t stress this enough. (This applies to both gun and melee equipped players. This way you avoid friendly fire and you create a nice sweeping motion across the map.
    2. INFORM people of your motives. If you’re going for an achievement, tell the group, that way they can either tell you 1) we aren't doing achievements or 2) agree to help.
    3. COMMUNICATE! If someone is telling you that you are too far behind, too far ahead, or just in general not being a good team player, do not make excuses. Take it as constructive criticism and adjust, no one likes to play with someone where the constant discussion is:

-Why did you go up there without help?
    -Because I wanted to see what was up there.
    -And now you’re dead.

Some random notes:

• Feel free to use melee weapons, but to be honest when more than two people have melee weapons it’s annoying.
    • Use pistols or your melee weapon until you really need to use your more powerful weapon (ie: when there are any special infected or uncommon infected. This conserves ammo).
    • Make use of explosive and such; don’t always wait for someone to tell you to use it. Intuition is a key to survival.
    • REMEMBER: Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 are not Halo do not spam obscenities or immature remarks (or noises) over the mic, some people may find it’s funny, but I can guarantee in a real Zombie Apocalypse I bet they would kill you and just claim you were infected.
    • STRESSED NOTE: DIC! Duck, Inform, Communicate. When it comes down to it if you’re not communicating your team is probably going to fuck up badly. Take all criticism, it’s all probably true. Play the game and survive.

Feel free to suggest any additions and or edits i should make.
    You can find this guide and links to other more in-depth guides here: 
    http://www.giantbomb.com/guides/how-to-survive-the-apocalypse/1461/
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By demontium
    @mrhankey: These is all stuff noobs (9 out of 10 people on L4D2) will never do. 

I completely agree with everything you wrote.
    Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Zicdab
    @mrhankey: You can probably avoid a lot of these issues if you friend some players that you enjoyed playing with (that's what I did).  Unfortunately, you are probably expecting too much from people if you do not want to hear obscenities or immature remarks.  I mean, this is online gaming we're talking about. 
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mrhankey

I do play with just my friends, but we've started to introduce some friends to pc gaming recently and it's been difficult. Plus this is just kind of a for-fun type of thing. I know most things won't improve but you know, i can dream and or make an Etiquette guide for shits and giggles.

Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By killer_meatballs

These are some good rules, mrhankey.   I never thought about ducking while taking point.  Makes total sense.  I'm not a  very good player, but following these rules should help.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ineedaname

Don't waste a boomer!
    Hate seeing people running towards the survivors from a distance.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrhankey

These are for co-op campaign not versus, but so true.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

Point man ducking is imperative to success.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

This is why I hate online coop game, people always take this shit too seriously.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrhankey
    @Diamond: Thank you for your 2 cents.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond
    @mrhankey: But seriously, it's people like you that ruin the experience for me.
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrhankey
    @Diamond: I'm sorry? Don't take my guidelines so seriously....
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond
    @mrhankey said:

"@Diamond: I'm sorry?

Are you trying to be difficult on purpose because you can't take criticism or do you seriously not understand what I'm saying?  People who take online coop too seriously ruin the experience for me.  It's not a matter of etiquette, responsibility, or pissing off veterans of the game.  Those people have no right to be pissed off and people shouldn't expect everyone to want to play the game the same way.

If you're not serious about it that's fine.  It's the sort of attitude of playing that people expect in coop games that I hate.  It makes me wish online coop games would die off altogether, and the reason I don't play coop much in any game I own.
    mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrhankey

I'm being difficult, because i wanted to see how you would react. however that may have been a mistake as i also don't want this to turn into a verbal pissing contest as to be honest, i don't care if you play online co-op games and you probably don't care if i do.

thealbino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By thealbino
    @Diamond: It's people like you that make playing cooperative games so frustrating... if you don't want to play seriously, then don't.  I'm sure there are plenty of other 12 year olds on the internet for you to dick around with.  This guide isn't trying to encourage people to be arrogant or no fun.... it's a few handy tips that are meant to inspire teamwork and coordination, two fundamentally important important aspects of cooperative gaming.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Diamond
    @thealbino said:
    @Diamond: It's people like you that make playing cooperative games so frustrating... if you don't want to play seriously, then don't.  I'm sure there are plenty of other 12 year olds on the internet for you to dick around with.  This guide isn't trying to encourage people to be arrogant or no fun.... it's a few handy tips that are meant to inspire teamwork and coordination, two fundamentally important important aspects of cooperative gaming.
    How can I make it frustrating when I'm not playing because of people like you?  Games are supposed to be fun, not 'serious' business.  Maybe when you get old enough that you have a job and other responsibilities you'll learn that, Mr. Sign up to troll.
    thealbino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thealbino
    @Diamond: Yes... I am new and therefore a troll and you are totally right in accusing me of being totally free of stress of responsibility.  However, I still think you are misconstruing the intent of this article, nowhere does it say you're not supposed to be enjoying the game.  As far as I can tell, it's actually intended to increase enjoyment... unless you like losing I'm just not sure I see how these statements would ruin the game for anyone.
    MagicKiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By MagicKiwi

You are totally wrong about the melee weapons. A baseball bat is far and beyond better than having pistols, in all situations.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mrhankey

I prefer the chainsaw when i do use melee weapons

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.