Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

L.A. Noire

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released May 17, 2011

L.A. Noire is a detective thriller developed by Team Bondi in Australia and published by Rockstar Games.

Is the PC version worth getting?

XxRANGAxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By XxRANGAxX

So my computer is about 1 month old almost top of the line everything i could get its a pretty damn awesome computer so i know it will play la noire fine, but i have heard some things about the PC port that dont sound too fantastic, i used to have it on ps3 and played a fair bit of it and loved it, but traded it in when i heard it was coming to pc, probably should have waiting for the pc version to come out, or should i just get it back on ps3?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I make it short: Apparently it isn't. Skimp through some PC gaming forums and you'll see why. The port is shit. Par for the course with Rockstar, I guess. 

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Pick LA Noire up for cheap for a console. Every sign points to it being awful on the PC.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince

PS3 I feel is the way to play.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

That is sad news, and I was wanting to blow my horn that the PC port must be better, graphics wise. Can you still play with a controller?

But Rockstar does have that rep..different dev. didn't figure in? IDK who did the port...

:(

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By vitor

@atomic_dumpling said:

I make it short: Apparently it isn't. Skimp through some PC gaming forums and you'll see why. The port is shit. Par for the course with Rockstar, I guess.

Shit because it's a quick and dirty port with no PC-exclusive improvements or shit as in it performs real bad? Because people seem to have vastly differing ideas of what makes a shit PC port and, frankly, as long as I can run it well at my native res and I'm getting the same content as the consoles, I tend not to care about the rest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Vitor said:

@atomic_dumpling said:

I make it short: Apparently it isn't. Skimp through some PC gaming forums and you'll see why. The port is shit. Par for the course with Rockstar, I guess.

Shit because it's a quick and dirty port with no PC-exclusive improvements or shit as in it performs real bad? Because people seem to have vastly differing ideas of what makes a shit PC port and, frankly, as long as I can run it well at my native res and I'm getting the same content as the consoles, I tend not to care about the rest.

From what I gather, all of the above, actually. It's pretty much like the GTA IV port. It uses Rockstar Social Club on top of an experimental new copy protection system on top of Steam which seems to cause problems for quite a few duders. Also, the usual performance issues.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.