Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kojima Productions

Company »

Kojima Productions is a development house run by Hideo Kojima. Although the team behind it has worked on several series throughout the years, its line of Metal Gear Solid games is its most famous video game franchise.

The Metal Gear Madness

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

Edited By Lies

So the Kojima countdown clock reached it's conclusion to reveal.... another countdown clock.

Nothing too terribly surprising there, especially since people digging around in the source code had already revealed that the next stage was another timer. What bothers me is people tearing every frame of the new timer apart, attempting to decipher some mysterious clues. At the very latest, the game will be revealed at E3, only a few short weeks away. And even when it is revealed, we won't have our hands on it for at least a year.

So my question is this: What fuels the hysteria that leads people to obsess over such things? The grand secret will be out soon anyways, and you know that Kojima isn't going to reveal the big announcement before the timer ends, so why bother? Especially considering Kojima's reputation for trickery, the whole set of clues might just be red herrings with no relation to the announcement.

So why the bother? Is Kojima Productions that good? Or are we as a group just incredibly impatient and unable to wait for the proper time of an announcement? I understand the point of a teaser is to generate interest in a product reveal, I'm mostly just curious as to why they work, and why this particular one seems to be working so well.

I just don't get it.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#1  Edited By Lies

So the Kojima countdown clock reached it's conclusion to reveal.... another countdown clock.

Nothing too terribly surprising there, especially since people digging around in the source code had already revealed that the next stage was another timer. What bothers me is people tearing every frame of the new timer apart, attempting to decipher some mysterious clues. At the very latest, the game will be revealed at E3, only a few short weeks away. And even when it is revealed, we won't have our hands on it for at least a year.

So my question is this: What fuels the hysteria that leads people to obsess over such things? The grand secret will be out soon anyways, and you know that Kojima isn't going to reveal the big announcement before the timer ends, so why bother? Especially considering Kojima's reputation for trickery, the whole set of clues might just be red herrings with no relation to the announcement.

So why the bother? Is Kojima Productions that good? Or are we as a group just incredibly impatient and unable to wait for the proper time of an announcement? I understand the point of a teaser is to generate interest in a product reveal, I'm mostly just curious as to why they work, and why this particular one seems to be working so well.

I just don't get it.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

The teaser is doing what it set out to do. Impatience.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

The desire of most internet-goers to be among the first "in the know."

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Claude

I find it all amusing.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Claude said:
    I find it all amusing.
    I know right =)
    Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Systech

Stop participating in the countdown clock craze, Lies.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By keyhunter

They should release an audio DVD that just has snake talking to people. I would pay 30 dollars for that and I would listen to it at every waking moment.

Jensonb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Jensonb

A-doy? It's because...

I want me a new Metal Gear goddammit.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, you see, the lightning bolt in the back symbolizes Earth, and then with Earth we produce Metal, and Metals make Gears and Gears are Solid, so.....they are making a new Metal Gear Solid GAME!!!!

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Diamond

You know, it's either Metal Gear Solid 5 starring Raiden, or they really like jerking their fans around.

Joseppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Joseppie
    Diamond said:
    You know, it's either Metal Gear Solid 5 starring Raiden, or they really like jerking their fans around.
    I think their past record speaks to that. A BIG yes.
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#12  Edited By skrutop

Basically, they have nothing better to do with their time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.