Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone: Shadow Fall

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

Killzone comes to PlayStation 4.

....Does this game run like absolute trash for anyone else?

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So I just downloaded the free multiplayer trial and played for an hour or so, and wow, the frame rate is absolute crap. The awful use of motion blur isn't helping either. I played on the maps " The Park " and " The Forest. " The park's frame rate was bad, but not unplayable, but the Forests frame rate was flat out unplayable. It felt like it was running at around 15 FPS most of the time.

It's entirely possible this is just my PS4, since that one NBA demo on the store stutters like crazy for me, and Resogun also has lock-up issues. No other games I've played on the thing (AC IV, plus a bunch of other demos and stuff) have issues, though....So yeah, I have no idea what's going on with this stupid thing.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, after posting this thread, I looked up a Digital Foundry video (probably should have done that before creating this!)....And yeah, this is definitely my PS4. The game does not run nearly that well for me. :/

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

@steadyingmeat: You sure its not just the demo? I assume digital foundry stuff would be on the main game.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Multiplayer runs close to 60. So I think you have an issue.

Avatar image for splatteredbloodsouls
    splatteredbloodsouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It usually performed ok for me but to be honest I lost interest quickly in the Multiplayer having bought the game with my PS4. I have considered Battlefield 4 but I hear that game has a lot of issues. I don't know if I am alone in saying that I preferred the weapons and the maps and character design for the 2nd and 3rd KILLZONE games. The new setting is not as appealing and I kind of miss the dark levels and unlocks of the older games. Overall it feels like they rushed this game out the door. Can't bring myself to finish the Singleplayer although I am on the last level.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By awesomeusername

Sounds like your PS4 has problems. I have played about 15 PS4 games and everything runs silky smooth with Battlefield 4 being the exception because *fart noise*.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

That sounds like a PS4 that's in need of returning.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: Yep, gonna try to get around to that soon. Hopefully it'll be rather painless and won't cost me much.....But I have no idea how Sony is when it comes to this type of thing.

Really strange how it's only some games, though. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.