Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 22, 2012

Pit is brought back to life, now in 3D. Using clubs, staffs, arms, bows and a variety of other weapons, the loyal angel fights a host of old and new enemies in an all-new adventure.

Kid Icarus: Uprising on Wii U?

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung
    Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Hizang

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

This isn't the first time I've seen a listing for Kid Icarus Uprising on Wii U, Amazon France is listing it now...

http://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B0054XMHMM/ref=pe_7791_32022771_emwa_email_title_1

Would be awesome to have a HD version with improved controls.

I suppose so, but I wish Nintendo would stop making so many god damn ports. You know, ports are what kills handhelds, because if they keep doing this people will not buy the 3DS version because later down the line they know a console version will appear. Keep handheld games exclusive!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By MEATBALL

Kid Icarus Uprising probably should have been a Wii game, it seems perfect for pointer controls. A WiiU version could be awesome, I'd rather an actual WiiU sequel, though. If only Nintendo could clone Sakurai.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By GunstarRed

@MEATBALL said:

Kid Icarus Uprising probably should have been a Wii game, it seems perfect for pointer controls. A WiiU version could be awesome, I'd rather an actual WiiU sequel, though. If only Nintendo could clone Sakurai.

Yeah,the flight sequences are very similar in style to Sin & Punishment on the Wii. The only real problem would be the lack of 3D. Some of the space/underwater/lava sequences are quite wonderful in 3D.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Hizang

@GunstarRed: I find it to manic when playing in 3D.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

This is one game which could do a lot better with being on console. It's a great game with some serious control shortcomings.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

@Wong_Fei_Hung: I agree that the controls have a few issues, but they can be lessened with a few tweaks, like slowing down the globe spinning effect on the camera and upping the aim sensitivity, or even having the weapon fire without a button press. By the end of the game the controls became second nature to me. I did have to prop up the console on a cushion or my bag on the bus though. That game has so many other good things going for it that it seems like such a small complaint.

@Hizang: I like manic!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.