Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kerbal Space Program

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 27, 2015

Players create their own rockets from a variety of parts and then attempt to launch them into space.

Share your Flags here

JackColt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JackColt

Hey Duders

I got bored the other night and wanted to make a custom Dark Side of the Mun (har) flag for my newly launched (harhar) space program. I didn't much care for how flat & stark the flag textures looked when I just resized an unmodified image, and I wanted to give them some depth. That can be kind of challenging with a featureless, black image -- especially as low a res of one as the flag textures are -- but I think I figured it out.

I used the "minimalistic" flag design that was in the default folder, jacked up the contrast pretty high, and turned it into a distortion map in Photoshop. Some tweaks and an overlay of the same file for some added detail, and I'm pretty happy with the result. And when it's planted in-game, it really gives an illusion of being a flowing piece of fabric rather than a flat, stiff texture.

No Caption Provided

With this newly made template, I decide to whip up a quick flag for GB as well. Feel free to snag them if you'd like.

No Caption Provided

Anyone else make flags you want to share?

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.