Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kerbal Space Program

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 27, 2015

Players create their own rockets from a variety of parts and then attempt to launch them into space.

Kerbal on consoles tomorrow

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
    atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone else chomping at the bit? I've been waiting to play Kerbal since it first appeared on Steam years ago, and Project B.E.A.S.T. only fueled that fire. I can't wait. On the plus side, it also looks like a very doable Platinum.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

Would love to see how it plays on console, the flight bits would be much better with thumbsticks I think, but the building will be tricky. More people going to the Mun is always a good thing!

Avatar image for atomicpineapple
    atomicpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The dev blog has been saying that the controls translated well, so hopefully there's a good solution in terms of the build mode (and that the solution does not include the touchpad). I hope it releases at midnight instead of tomorrow when the store refreshes at like 4pm.

godzilla_sushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

Mun is in sight. Might need to rewatch some B.E.A.S.T.S for tipz!

The controls are the big thing here, so I need to see as much as possible. The game is amazing but really the bolt on mods and stuff makes it easier to understand. The game is getting into more hands, so for that reason alone I'm excited.

Ericjasonwade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see this translating well to consoles but I am glad to see that it is there for people who want it.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Porting this to a console must have being a nightmare control wise. I wonder if they just use a mouse pointer controlled with a Analog stick.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah I seriously cannot imagine how you would control the building aspect. Even with a mouse accurately placing objects can be a huge pain in the ass sometimes.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

I've been waiting for console cause on PC I'll build stuff but once it's in the air I can't control it for shit.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Sadly, the Wii U version won't be out till later this year. Really curious how that version will turn out.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good GOD this game is a HOT MESS on XBox. The GUI is wholesale just moved to console, with no concessions made for ease of use, basic visibility, 'mouse' acceleration, snapping, dragging, etc... it is, simply, the worst port of a PC game I've ever played, in my 38 years of being alive.

Nomination: Hot Mess 2016. And 2017, because it's that hot of a mess.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@bhtav said:

Good GOD this game is a HOT MESS on XBox. The GUI is wholesale just moved to console, with no concessions made for ease of use, basic visibility, 'mouse' acceleration, snapping, dragging, etc... it is, simply, the worst port of a PC game I've ever played, in my 38 years of being alive.

Haha. Oh my god. And here I was thinking of downloading this. Good to know. I'll probably just get it on PC at some point.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjweatherman Definitely, definitely get it on PC. It's a phenomenal game, that I'd love to play if I had something other than a Surface for a PC. Unless they patch in a major overhaul to the GUI, buying this game on console is basically giving a donation. Check Kerbal's forums (the xbox and ps4 section) for verification. Man it's bad.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Rafaelfc

If they put some thought into the Wii U version it could very well be the actual best way to play the game.

I doubt they will though cause it's 2016 and it's the Wii U.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

If they put some thought into the Wii U version it could very well be the actual best way to play the game.

I doubt they will though cause it's 2016 and it's the Wii U.

Agreed, It would definitely be a great use case for the tablet.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Where the ql at?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@bhtav said:

I've been having to crank up the UI Scaling to maximum just to read the tutorial text. And that's not even mentioning the essential readout information -- including measurements regarding apoapsis/periapsis -- which is literally illegible at any scale.

For as difficult as this game is to manage and control on a keyboard, it is a billion times harder on an Xbox controller.

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bhtav said:

I've been having to crank up the UI Scaling to maximum just to read the tutorial text. And that's not even mentioning the essential readout information -- including measurements regarding apoapsis/periapsis -- which is literally illegible at any scale.

For as difficult as this game is to manage and control on a keyboard, it is a billion times harder on an Xbox controller.

And then (never explained) you click a thumbstick to turn it into a mouse, and drag windows around (ugh......) so that they aren't blocking the subject of the tutorial (which they always do by default!?!)... then the next page of the tutorial REVERTS BACK TO BLOCKING EVERYTHING.

There is NO WAY this was tested... like at all.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man bummer to hear this sucks. I wanted Squad to be one of the good guy devs but after this and some of the shady stuff that came out about their working conditions and stuff hmmmmmmm

bhtav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave it another go... I tried. I want to play this game, and enjoy it.... but no.

My assessment stands. Hot mess.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.