Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Invisible Wall

Concept »

An imaginary boundary in the game world that limits player movement to a specific area. They are often criticized as a poor component of level design, when an actual wall or other visible boundary could have been used to delineate a game's playing field.

Replacing invisible walls

Gupta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gupta

I know games like SM64 had this conept before, but i remember experiencing this in Jak and daxter for the first time.

IM talking abotu when you try and swim out to see and the big fish eats you. I liked how they didnt place an invisible barrier there and they implemented like something that tied into the game. And I also liked how in GTAs when you swim out the body of water extends out infinitely.
    I just thought it was interesting and even though their essentially replacing the wall with something else that limits your movements I thought it was a step forward.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By KingBroly

I don't know why people have a thing against invisible walls.  They're there to protect you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I think the GTA games have walls, you get have to go out in the water reallly far and you will find it. I`m not sure about Gta:4 though, don`t cops just shoot you up if you go out to far in that one or something.

Gupta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Gupta

WEll I remember in San Andreas I swam to the top of the map and I kept swimming and I just got further and further away.

I did the same thing in GTA IV with a helicopter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.