Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released May 16, 2017

When a new league of supervillains threatens alternate-universe Earth, it's up to Batman's crew of superheroes (and their shaky alliance with Superman's ruthless Regime) to stop them.

Fighter Pack 2 Revealed-Holy Hell

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For those interested

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is that big eyed thing? Hellboy is an interesting choice and i guess raiden was inevitable. Kinda wish they would have only had one mk character.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wtf is that big eyed thing? Hellboy is an interesting choice and i guess raiden was inevitable. Kinda wish they would have only had one mk character.

Black Manta.... He is Aquaman's main villain. They could used Black Lighting or Static Shock and used Raiden as a Premium Skin...but oh well..

Hellboy aesthetic is weird

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always hated NeatherRealm's tendency to do DLC guest characters.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By SMTDante89

Unpopular opinion? I'm glad we're getting the two obvious silhouettes from the first fighters pack trailer out of the way now. The third pack will hopefully be pretty interesting since those silhouettes are the ones people have been speculating about the most since that first trailer.

*edit besides Atom after the roster update in-game gave him away*

I think Hellboy is a pretty great pick. After watching the trailer again, not at all a fan of Raiden's default look, so I'm happy about loot. Black Manta looks fine, but he seems hard to mess up.

Overall, I think I'm fine with this pack. Hellboy is awesome in my opinion, a bit disappointed with two MK characters but a few friends are big Raiden fans so that makes me happy since they have more character options, don't really have much exposure to Black Manta but Im happy with more villains in the roster.

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome. :-) Zero complaints. Great to see Hellboy getting some more love.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black Manta is awesome. He was "leaked" around SDCC on the Xbox dashboard. Should've been in the original roster, but at least we get him proper. Coming in September for those curious

Raiden- I'm a big MK guy and I completely understand why people are aggravated with it. Raiden should've been a Premium skin for someone like Static Shock or Black Lightning (To make more ppl aware he has a show coming to CW soon)

Hellboy is a super rad pick, I just don't like his aesthetic. I would bet he comes in October to go with Halloween.

I'm still expecting Spawn in FP3.

ALOT of ppl are upset that this has 2 guest characters and the 2nd from MK, but that's what NRS does and they've reiterated time and time again that the guest characters are the most popular and most purchased in every game since MK9, so that trend won't stop.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I"m assuming the May date is wrong since it wouldn't make sense to release this trailer now, probably September after the finals I'd guess.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@fredchuckdave: I'm assuming it's this Sunday, since it's the 27th. They just forgot to change May to August.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigsocrates  Online

Seems...fine. I can't say I'm super excited about any of them but none seem like bad choices.

People who complain about non-DC characters in the DLC don't seem to understand the point of DLC. It's MEANT to be flashy and a bit incongruous to entice people to buy it. The core game has a ton of DC characters, and basically all the big popular ones, so adding yet another minor character isn't going to move the needle. People aren't going to buy some third tier hero. Something like Hellboy, with a built in fanbase, or Raiden, for MK fans, is more likely to garner attention and sales.

The main game is where DC fans get their roster. It's big and decently well fleshed out. DLC is about selling novelty. "I can fight Superman with HELLBOY? Cool." sells.

krist5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who mains Raiden in MK, I am totally stoked about them bringing in Raiden.....haha HelloBoy is a cool choice, looking forward to giving him a shot.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OurSin_360

I bet black lightning will be a skin for raiden, definitely makes more sense the other way around. Would love static shock over both of them though, but i'm not even sure dc owns that character.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bet black lightning will be a skin for raiden, definitely makes more sense the other way around. Would love static shock over both of them though, but i'm not even sure dc owns that character.

I think Milestone owns the rights. Black Lightning makes more sense anyway

Lazyimperial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, it's nice to see all the love for Static Shock. They already have the talented Phil LaMarr performing Jon Stewart and Aquaman. It'd be amazing if he could reprise Static, even if it was just as a premium skin for Raiden (power set is close enough, though Static was usually far less brutal with his lightning). That character was one of the best new heroes to pop up in the DC animated universe. Ah, dreams.

gaftra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like that they stuck closer to the Mignola Hellboy look. Evoking what the character looked like in the original comic is a great choice. I also suspect that a lot of that is changeable with gear.

Drakoji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
    Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy looks great! Him and Black Manta are both surprisingly faithful.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drakoji said:

@atastyslurpee: Milestone is part of DC so... they own Static Shock.

It's a little more complicated than that, Milestone is even being sued right now.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, with their ability to get random characters into their games, they def need to do a MK vs Injustice vs Horror Characters game. I don't care what kind of paper thin story mode gets Jason Voorhees to fight Superman, I just want it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By TheHT

Holy shit! Awesome!

Judging by the silhouettes I'm hoping we'll get Batwoman or Huntress in pack three, but Hellboy's fuckin awesome. Looks straight outta the comics.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Oh man, Hellboy (hopefully) would be fun to play.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems...fine. I can't say I'm super excited about any of them but none seem like bad choices.

People who complain about non-DC characters in the DLC don't seem to understand the point of DLC. It's MEANT to be flashy and a bit incongruous to entice people to buy it. The core game has a ton of DC characters, and basically all the big popular ones, so adding yet another minor character isn't going to move the needle. People aren't going to buy some third tier hero. Something like Hellboy, with a built in fanbase, or Raiden, for MK fans, is more likely to garner attention and sales.

The main game is where DC fans get their roster. It's big and decently well fleshed out. DLC is about selling novelty. "I can fight Superman with HELLBOY? Cool." sells.

IDK, DLC being flashy, sure, but incongruous doesn't strike me as an especially critical component of DLC.

I mean I love Hellboy, but fighting Superman with him has not ever crossed my mind. Now if it was Thor or something then we are getting closer to the mark, but in a weird way that makes more sense than a Dark Horse character.

No big deal, but I don't think it's some crazy idea that a game about DC characters would draw DC fans that would in turn be really stoked about the possibility of minor DC characters being DLC. Frankly, I hope the next iteration to come out in 3+ years will go further with the custom skins so even more minor characters can show up.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

I am just glad it's Hellboy instead of Spawn. Hellboy's snarky pulp horror style fits Injustice better than Spawn's grimdark. I hope his ultimate involves a vicious beatdown, the legions of Hell, and humorous uses of a cigar.

Ungodly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had zero interest in this game, and only watched the video out of curiosity... Hellboy just sold me on this game.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hellboy is honestly the first character on that whole roster I'm legitimately excited about. It helps that he's one of the few characters Netherealm gets the look right.

I'll probably still end up waiting for their "ultimate edition" before picking this up though.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

HUH! Did NOT see Hellboy coming by a LONGSHOT.

Might dust off and boot back up.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

V

Bring in V.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

What are the odds we see Watchmen in this game, considering the DC crossover stuff?

ltcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Ron Perlman's voice? That would be odd (since they replaced him in the next movie) but also awesome (because Ron Perlman is awesome).

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that Ron Perlman's voice? That would be odd (since they replaced him in the next movie) but also awesome (because Ron Perlman is awesome).

That would make this 100x more awesome, but it didn't sound like him to me. His voice is very distinctive and hard to miss.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folks have been complaining up a storm on the net over Raiden's addition to the roster yet people forgot that MKX/XL had FOUR guest characters.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@l1ghtn1n: Constantine would be a cool choice too. I only ever saw his brief appearances in Arrow, but I liked the character.

Lothars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@solh0und: Guest Characters are fine, More than One MK character is a waste of space and that's precisely what Raiden is, MKX guest characters were all good choices just like Hellboy is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.