Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Humble Bundle

Concept »

A digital storefront which donates some of its profits to charity.

Humble Indie Bundle X is up.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The new Humble Indie Bundle is available here. The average as of writing this is $5.91 thanks to the Starbound deal earlier where if you payed higher than 9.99, you'll get the games listed plus Starbound.

The games included are:

The games included if you beat the average are:

I already payed the $1 for the first 4, hoping to see the average be dropped to around 3-4 dollars.

chrjz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By chrjz

If I hadn't bought Runner 2 during the Steam sale I would be all over this... I don't really have any interest in the other games.

I didn't know they were going to add more games to it later. Hopefully there'll be something that changes my mind.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Agh, I missed the Starbound thing? I would have bought it if that was still there.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every time the nephews are over they strongly request they be allowed to play Joe Danger.

Now I can send it home with 'em, let the parents deal with it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Looks like they upped the minimum to get Steam keys to $1. Guess they were losing money. First time in awhile they had some games I have been meaning to try. Thanks for the tip.

NinetySevenA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NinetySevenA

@crusader8463: I thought the minimum was always a dollar. It was to stop people from buying dozens of them for the Steam keys and then selling them off after the sale.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

@crusader8463: I thought the minimum was always a dollar. It was to stop people from buying dozens of them for the Steam keys and then selling them off after the sale.

Initially there was no minimum, even for Steam keys. For reasons you mentioned, they changed that a while back.

Why was there seemingly a secret Starbound thing? That's kinda lame that it isn't happening anymore.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Refusing to buy this one because of the secret starbound thing. Super bummed it was for short period of time.

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@sterling: Could you explain what you are talking about please? the secret starbound thing?

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By noblenerf

Another amazing deal by the Humble Bundle folks. I hope they keep up this incredible phenomenon.

@jjweatherman said:

Why was there seemingly a secret Starbound thing? That's kinda lame that it isn't happening anymore.

On Twitter I believe they mentioned that the first 1,000 purchasers got a "big surprise" for the Humble Bundle X. So, it wasn't a complete surprise that Starbound was there. People were watching, waiting... All the copies were gone the moment that Humble Bundle X released.. It was shocking to witness.

As an aside, I don't think I'll ever understand the "$X.00 is too much to ask" people.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tkalsey said:

@sterling: Could you explain what you are talking about please? the secret starbound thing?

Just read what I posted :P. For a limited time, you could have purchased the humble bundle including Starbound for paying more than $9.99

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By buffaloseven

Another amazing deal by the Humble Bundle folks. I hope they keep up this incredible phenomenon.

@jjweatherman said:

On Twitter I believe they mentioned that the first 1,000 purchasers got a "big surprise" for the Humble Bundle X. So, it wasn't a complete surprise that Starbound was there. People were watching, waiting... All the copies were gone the moment that Humble Bundle X released.. It was shocking to witness.

As an aside, I don't think I'll ever understand the "$X.00 is too much to ask" people.

The Starbound Twitter account also hinted yesterday that they were somehow going to be involved with the Humble Bundle which also tipped the hat that there was going to be something a little different going on, since an indie game that's selling like hotcakes as a beta version has no real reason to enter fully into a Humble Bundle.

My bet is that HB wanted to see how the average would be affected in the long run by cranking it up near the beginning.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By VooDooPC

I appreciate what Humble Bundles tries to do, supporting charity, but I hate the attitude of some people that buy their bundles.

I already payed the $1 for the first 4, hoping to see the average be dropped to around 3-4 dollars.

You can't spend $5.75 for 6 games, even if you give it all to charity?

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By noizy

@voodoopc said:

I appreciate what Humble Bundles tries to do, supporting charity, but I hate the attitude of some people that buy their bundles.

You can't spend $5.75 for 6 games, even if you give it all to charity? You're a piece of trash.

I've learned to appreciate people who go nuts over 50 cents, because I feel entirely justified throwing nickles at them and shout "DANCE! DANCE! DANCE FOR ME SPACE MONKEY."

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@voodoopc said:

You can't spend $5.75 for 6 games, even if you give it all to charity? You're a piece of trash.

I once had a twitter fight with someone about Humble Bundles. I regretted it immediately.

No Caption Provided

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SexyToad
    @noizy said:

@voodoopc said:

I've learned to appreciate people who go nuts over 50 cents, because I feel entirely justified throwing nickles at them and shout "DANCE! DANCE! DANCE FOR ME SPACE MONKEY."

I'm not really going crazy over the price. But as a highschool student who don't have a form of income yet nor a debit card of my own to use, I'm waiting for it to go down. Easier to convince my parents to allow me to purchase this for 4~ dollars rather than what it was, near 6 dollars. Sounds a little crazy but my parents are like that. So not much I can do.

@voodoopc Not really cool to call other pieces of trash with out knowing the circumstance beforehand.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

not sure how they keep doing these. I guess i'm glad they exist if they are working, most of the games they have in them are good. I just couldn't be less interested. It's a problem any daily deal site has, customer exhaustion, they just staved it off by spacing it out a bit. But I did unsubscribe from this list. Pretty much since the first one i've really owned all the games already. My eagerness to buy games combined with steam sales is largely to blame. Still, best of luck to them, and to those games featured. I like what they are doing; I just haven't been interested in a long time, and feel I am not alone there.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad said:
    @noizy said:

@voodoopc said:

I'm not really going crazy over the price. But as a highschool student who don't have a form of income yet nor a debit card of my own to use, I'm waiting for it to go down. Easier to convince my parents to allow me to purchase this for 4~ dollars rather than what it was, near 6 dollars. Sounds a little crazy but my parents are like that. So not much I can do.

@voodoopc

Not really cool to call other pieces of trash with out knowing the circumstance beforehand.

What's your Paypal e-mail? I will Paypal you $10.00 RIGHT now and you're going to go buy all those damn games and give that money to fucking charity!

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have most of the games I would want out of this bundle.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BOUGHT THAT SHIT. Humble Bundle will get my money every time. EVERY. TIME.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JoeyRavn

@voodoopc said:

Oh, shut up. No one is doing anything that the HB people haven't alredy foreseen. They could raise the minimum to whatever they wanted, like they do for the Weekly Bundle, and make you pay that amount instead of letting you choose. If they don't, and you pay the bare minimum, it's perfectly fine. It's no business of yours what people do with their money, and no one is "a piece of trash" for playing by the rules. I could say exactly the same about people who think they are all high and mighty because they donate $5.75 to charity *gasp!*.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@voodoopc: Err err, sure! EVERY LAST CENT TO CHARITY. I'll send you a PM if you're actually being serious.

VooDooPC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By VooDooPC

@joeyravn said:

@voodoopc said:

Oh, shut up. No one is doing anything that the HB people haven't alredy foreseen. They could raise the minimum to whatever they wanted, like they do for the Weekly Bundle, and make you pay that amount instead of letting you choose. If they don't, and you pay the bare minimum, it's perfectly fine. It's no business of yours what people do with their money, and no one is "a piece of trash" for playing by the rules. I could say exactly the same about people who think they are all high and mighty because they donate $5.75 to charity *gasp!*.

Great post, but it has nothing to do with what I said. I don't care what they put the minimum at, I don't care if people pay the minimum. The thing I find ridiculous is someone saying, "If the average price was $3 or $4 instead of $5.75 I would get all of them!"

If you can't afford an extra $1.75 and are going to make a point to post about it, video games aren't for you.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By noizy

@sexytoad said:

Yea. If you have no real disposable income, I can totally see how paying a dollars for games sounds great, and it is. Don't feel bad about it. I would have done the same. When I was your age, I was either renting or pirating my games, so. Getting in a habit of getting things through legitimate channels is a good habit to forge overall for everyone's sake.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should I have expected a fight in this "Humble Bundle, Yay!" thread? Didn't think so, but I guess the internet just makes some people instantly full of rage.

And apparently six awesome games (plus) for crazy cheap and supporting charity still can't cheer 'em up.

Oh well. This is an awesome bundle. That's it.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@voodoopc said:

Sometimes people forget that no one has money or lives in US and so on. For you the 2$ difference is cup of coffee for someone in China its pretty tasty dinner. So calling someone piece of trash just because of that is not cool.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there is a sense of entitlement. if people in other countries are that hard off maybe their priorities should lie somewhere else other than finding deals for cheap games. also we're making a lot of assumptions on the location and financial situation of the person quoted.

probably wouldn't call them trash though, even if i am a bit miffed at their sense of entitlement.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ripelivejam: @danteveli: Just so you guys know, I was the person being quoted, and for your convenience, I quoted my reply. No hard feelings really, I could see how it may seem when someone is trying to save a few dollars here and there. But it's not always the case of entitlement.

@sexytoad said:

tkalsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sexytoad: whoops, i missed that part somehow :p

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ripelivejam

@SexyToad: didn't mean to come off so dickish. i guess i can understand, maybe i'm the entitled one for being in a position where it's not (too) hard to spend $6 on something off-hand, lol. kinda forget how it was when i was younger and had a crappy job/no job at all. just in general the whole culture of bargain basement digital game sales lately has me a tad miffed when some people (not you) pretty obnoxiously begrudge spending a few bucks for an outrageous value of gaming.

but hey, we should be happy to have such opportunities nowadays too :)

e: stupid phone kinda mucked that post up

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.