Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

HTC Vive

Accessory »

The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset for the PC, developed in co-production between Valve and HTC.

Inside this thread is a video of a chimp using a HTC Vive

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WynnDuffy

Facebook

Not sure how to embed Facebook videos and people are arguing whether this is cruel or not but for me, this is enough Internet for one day...

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to say yeah, strapping a VR headset to a chimpanzee is pretty cruel.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paulmako said:

I'm going to say yeah, strapping a VR headset to a chimpanzee is pretty cruel.

Extremely far down on my list of cruelty towards an animal but I would worry about whether it could have been motion sick or something.

It was cool seeing it try and reach out at stuff though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Well that's kinda fucking awesome.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel like it's cruel, but am also fascinated by the result. I wonder if that chimp is used to screens so it sort of knows that it's eyes can get tricked sometimes, but to not freak out in VR was personally unexpected.

WynnDuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel like it's cruel, but am also fascinated by the result. I wonder if that chimp is used to screens so it sort of knows that it's eyes can get tricked sometimes, but to not freak out in VR was personally unexpected.

There's more here!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.