Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

House of the Dying Sun

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Nov 02, 2016

Hunt the traitor lords and avenge your Emperor's death in this space combat game.

This (AKA Enemy Starfighter) is out in Early Access now.

NotSoSneakyGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NotSoSneakyGuy

A lot of videos of gameplay have come out. It looks be a about your typical spaceflight combat sim typical of the 90s or so. The style and presentation are slick. One thing to note is that the creator chosen hand designed missions as opposed to randomized, which I'm sure some will lament in today's rogue-like de rigueur.

Comments referencing Battlestar Galactica have become trite.

edited for grammar

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought it after I saw Scott Manley play it on his YouTube channel.

It looks really neat! I love the bite-sized mission designs, squad commands, and upgrades. Hopefully I'll have a chance to dig in on a day off or something. I could not be happier about all the space games that this year has ushered in.

Loading Video...
    hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steam had some issues downloading the last kb of this game yesterday evening, so I only had time to run the tutorial and the first mission on the two first difficulties. I'm so stoked to keep playing this; the feel of flying is great, and everything about the visual and audio design hits me in all the right spots. Considering the bite-sized nature of the missions, I can see this being a great fit for VR, so I'm looking forward to trying it out with the Rift later today.

All in all, seems like a pretty great value for 17€ on Steam. I'm hoping it does well.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been playing this with my Rift. Having a real blast of it. Feels like one part Homeworld one part Star Wars: TIE Fighter.

Only did the first 5 missions or so. The whole tactical map view is pretty neat to see in VR. It kinda reminds me of Flotilla and Homeworld.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After some VR stuff with a GTX 960; I have to turn the graphics down to Low and turn off AA in order to have a smooth gameplay experience. Frankly, considering how well it runs on Ultra outside of VR on my 1440p monitor, I'm a bit surprised at how much the framerate tanks in VR, but even on Low I think it looks great. Didn't have time to play much more, but I'm still real into it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.