Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

Heroes of the Storm eSports Topic

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS

The August NA Open is going on right now. Pretty solid stuff I'm sure. Right now Tempo Storm (the top team) is currently fighting Murloc Geniuses. I'm watching, I figured I'd make a thread about it. There's a lot of Heroes of the Storm tournaments and such going on every week and every weekend. A thread about it makes sense.

http://www.twitch.tv/blizzheroes

I hear there were some pretty cool upsets earlier. Like Murloc Geniuses (I think?) beat COGnitive, a team frontlined by an ex-Tempo Storm assassin. They made the top 3 in the July Open so it's pretty crazy that they lose to this underdog team. I think they have some Evil Geniuses heritage? Anyway, watching now. Interesting.

The draft format of current tournaments, by the way, is a double ban where the 2nd bans come after some picks. This has been the case for since Blizzard started up the qualifiers in the Road to Blizzcon series which all feed into regional finals which lead into Blizzcon. Anyway the format is Team A ban, Team B ban, Team A pick, Team B pick 2, Team A pick 2, Team B ban, Team A ban, Team B pick 2, Team A pick 2, Team B pick 1. Hope that makes sense to people who haven't been following the eSports scene. This draft system is going to become the standard for Team League in Ranked once there are more supports. Currently it's possible to ban out/pick out nearly all of the good supports leaving the other team with less stuff.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I've been watching a bit of this off and on. It's actually fun watching a Moba (sorry, "Team Brawler") that I can understand after having played HoTS a little over the last couple of months or so.

Also, Leoric seems really good. Geez.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheMasterDS

COGnitive vs Luminosity in the lower bracket is going on now. It's been a great series so far, it's going to a game 3! Hoping to see Luminosity win because that'd be a pretty cool upset considering COG was 3rd in the July open and Luminosity was... *checks* Oh, they were known as Goon Squad last month, were only just picked up by Luminosity. That makes sense. They were just somewhere in the bottom half of the top 8 last time.

Anyway, really solid play. They brought out Anub'arac and it dealt with COG's Zeratul so fucking well it was incredible.

Edit: Third game was probably lost in the draft I think. Luminosity was banned into taking Li Li and her healing is just a little too weak to really work. Shame. Still, it was well fought. Up until the Heroics came online it looked pretty even. But after yeah. Li Li's ult just isn't good enough.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apparently there was some Heroes tournament with teams from all around the world this weekend. Tuned into the finals where MVP Black, the Korean team, absolutely dominated North America's best team, Tempo Storm. Huh. Tempo Storm has won all three NA opens with relative ease. To be beaten so badly... Wow. Maybe they need to understand the Korean meta better or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.