Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hellgate: London

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 31, 2007

From Flagship Studios, whose founders were involved with the creation of the award-winning Diablo series, comes the similarly loot-driven Hellgate: London, a futuristic third/first person action-RPG set in post-apocalyptic London.

The blurb's misleading.

feignamnesia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By feignamnesia
    From Flagship Studios – creators of the award-winning Diablo® series and the fathers of the action role playing genre – comes Hellgate: London, the next benchmark in the evolution of the RPG genre.

It's worded awkwardly; it implies that Flagship made Diablo. The founders held key roles in its creation back at Blizzard, but Flagship didn't do anything for the series. Of course, this is what comes off the first time you read it. "fathers of the action role playing genre" can make you think it was just the founders, but it still comes off as saying that Flagship is a better developer than it is (they wouldn't be in the shitter right now if they actually made Diablo, right?).

I made an edit to fix this, but it got rejected, and I can't help but feel alone in my judgement.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I agree with your assessment...resubmit your edit and then PM me and I'll look at the changes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.