Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Making new accounts = being a dickhead

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By turbomonkey138

Hey guys . 
    I stopped playing halo 3 for a bit . Mainly becuase of Team fortress 2 on the PC (but that's besides the point) Anyway me and my friend from college decided to play a whole weekend of team doubles and almost every match we played we encountered players that made new accounts to get easy wins . Now they can do what they want with their account I'm not bothered but i do object to them deliberately joining lower skill rank games just to get easy wins . I don't see how this is fair . I did go on the Bungie forums (OMG IM NEVER DOING IT AGAIN) And posted my views on it . 

Apparantly that place is completely full of trolls and i got the :

"WEll if you wernt a NUB you would be fine lulz"  - kind of repsonse 

Anyway just had to get that off my chest as it was bugging me .

What do you guys think about starting new accounts to beat newer players ?

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By FireBurger

I think it's lame that people decide to do that. I understand that they want to have a good win:loss ratio, but it ruins the fun for the less experienced players they're playing against. It's just self-centered, egotistical people doing what they do best.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hitchenson

Second accounters = Scum, literal scum. Also, you posted on the Bungie.net forums? Dude...

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138

The most annoying thing is if your a fairly new player like my friend then it really puts you off the game . I mean if your new you want to fight other people that are also new . Its not helping the game at all .

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheMustacheHero

They are 10 and are on the internet. I don't see why you are expecting a civil discussion of the faults of Halo 3.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By ArchScabby

Popular games always have the worst online communities. Things like what you said, and especially voice chat.  That's why I usually don't wear a headset when I play Halo 3 or COD 4, because all the idiots play them.  But if I play a less popular game like Red Faction, I wear a headset sometimes, and end up playing with some cool people a lot of the time.  I mean the games still can have douchebags but not nearly as bad as the really popular games.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hitchenson
    @ArchScabby: Yep, you're spot on. 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By turbomonkey138

This kind of response really makes me angry 

No Caption Provided
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#9  Edited By wefwefasdf

Well, on my account, I have a 50 in team slayer but I don't have very high ranks in any other playlist besides MLG. So, if I play in another playlist I get matched up with a bunch of low levels which isn't my fault. Just the way the matchmaking service works. While new accounters can be annoying... they usually are not great. It is just something you have to learn to deal with because there is no way to stop it. :/

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Damien
    @turbomonkey138: I like how you didn't acknowledge the first few guys who seemed to agree with you in the OP.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Damien: Well there are some decent people . Not many
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By zombie2011
    @Hitchenson said:
    " Second accounters = Scum, literal scum. Also, you posted on the Bungie.net forums? Dude... "
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " The most annoying thing is if your a fairly new player like my friend then it really puts you off the game . I mean if your new you want to fight other people that are also new . Its not helping the game at all . "
    I don't see wants wrong with it, I always get those free trial 48hr gold memberships whenever i buy a new game. My buddies a lvl 48 in team doubles, so i just create a new account with it and see how far me and him can level up the new account before the trial expires. 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Damien: Also have you noticed how they seem to think that its becuase i lost at the game and got angry that im posting about it . Thats not the case . If i loose (which i do a lot) i don't really care there better than me . But my friend only recently got the game and its really not fun at all getting beaten by the second accounts . Oh and if your wondering my skill level is so low in Team doubles that i can play with him .... embarassing ...
    Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Out_On_Bail
    @Damien said:
    " @turbomonkey138: I like how you didn't acknowledge the first few guys who seemed to agree with you in the OP. "
    Yeah it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Turbomonkey is making it out to be slightly worse than it really is. There's a lot of people that agree with you in that thread.  My advice though: Stay away from that forum, seems like a nasty place to hang out ;P
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Out_On_Bail: True i was making it worse than it  was . But on the whole its not really a nice place to post .
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Damien
    @turbomonkey138: Yeh, well that's just the breakdown of life.  You get some good people, and you get some idiots.  And who cares what they say or think, just ignore them.  You know whether you were angry or not, and that's all that matters.   

And while I do agree with you on the topic, I don't see anyway you can change it, so unfortunately the only thing you can do it suck it up.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Damien: I guess . But most things in life are like that . I can wish things will change .....
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hitchenson
    @zombie2011: I'm assuming you're better than let's say a true rank 10 player. You're effectively boosting by making a new account and are going to dominate low level players and completely ruin their playing experience of the game. You should just stick to your own account and play people that are at your level.
    Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

yeah second accounts are stupid. 

i'm sure they only do it to change there gamertag to XskillMLGscopezX or something equally retared, there has to be generater somewhere one the net where they are getting these L33t names from.

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Damien
    @turbomonkey138: Yeh you can, but don't get down when other people disagree and don't see it your way.
    ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By ajamafalous

If they want to pay for another account, that's their prerogative. There's nothing anyone can do to stop them.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Damien: Urg this guys is annoying 

No Caption Provided
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hitchenson
    @turbomonkey138: 90% of people that post on Bungie.net are dicks. 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Hitchenson:  Dyslexia sucks online . I misspell a word and people use to argue in their case .
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By zombie2011
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @zombie2011: I'm assuming you're better than let's say a true rank 10 player. You're effectively boosting by making a new account and are going to dominate low level players and completely ruin their playing experience of the game. "
    I wouldn't say i'm boosting seeing i my account is gonna get deleted in 48 hrs so i have no reason to boost. Also i've lost many times at many different games and it hasn't ruined my game experience. I play games for fun i don't only care about winning, and its not like my friend and i are Halo gods. I'm pretty terrible at it so were not winning 25-3 or something crazy like that, and we're not winning every game either. Most the games we win, we win by about 4 kills, so i wouldn't say we are ruining anyones game experience.  
    Also if I am pissing people like you off just wait a day and my account will be gone. 
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hitchenson
    @zombie2011: Ah, I was under the impression you and your friends were really good Halo players. 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By turbomonkey138

Just had another encounter with some new accounts . ..... man

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By THE_END

I love reading the battle you got into with I Like CarameL that was freaking hilarious.  I think that is a 7 year old girl you are arguing with.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By THE_END
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @THE_END: That guy was a twat
    Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Liam_mk

I don't think anyone who has a second account truly understands how true skill works, nor does anyone who has a first account. Making a second account won't get you a 50 easier. And even if it did, you woudn't deserve that 50 (speaking of Halo specifically). 
    And I hate people who ruin the fun of games by only trying to achieve the highest rank in multiplayer, like my friend for example. While the rest of my crew has been playing ODST for awhile, he ONLY plays Halo 3 with a group of 5 year olds who are  really good at Halo because he "needs" that 50 skill. And it has been ruining are experience with the game.

L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By L4wz

What is wrong about making another account? I am paying for Xbox Live so I should have to option.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#34  Edited By natetodamax
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " This kind of response really makes me angry 

No Caption Provided
    "
    God I hate that. The "Just get better at the game" responses make me want to punch a baby.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crunchUK
    @turbomonkey138 said:

" Hey guys .  I stopped playing halo 3 for a bit . Mainly becuase of Team fortress 2 on the PC (but that's besides the point) Anyway me and my friend from college decided to play a whole weekend of team doublesand almost every match we played we encountered players that made new accounts to get easy wins . Now they can do what they want with their account I'm not bothered but i do object to them deliberately joining lower skill rank games just to get easy wins . I don't see how this is fair . I did go on the Bungie forums (OMG IM NEVER DOING IT AGAIN) And posted my views on it .   Apparantly that place is completely full of trolls and i got the : "WEll if you wernt a NUB you would be fine lulz"  - kind of repsonse   Anyway just had to get that off my chest as it was bugging me .  What do you guys think about starting new accounts to beat newer players ? "

And there's the root of all your halo woes: 

Second accounts are stupid, i agree. But so is playing team doubles and expecting to enjoy it. 

EDIT: LOL at your bungie.net thread. How typical. (i'm actually suspended over there though for telling some idiots that nobody cares about their opinions. Which i suppose is just too harsh a truth)
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @crunchUK said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:

" Hey guys .  I stopped playing halo 3 for a bit . Mainly becuase of Team fortress 2 on the PC (but that's besides the point) Anyway me and my friend from college decided to play a whole weekend of team doublesand almost every match we played we encountered players that made new accounts to get easy wins . Now they can do what they want with their account I'm not bothered but i do object to them deliberately joining lower skill rank games just to get easy wins . I don't see how this is fair . I did go on the Bungie forums (OMG IM NEVER DOING IT AGAIN) And posted my views on it .   Apparantly that place is completely full of trolls and i got the : "WEll if you wernt a NUB you would be fine lulz"  - kind of repsonse   Anyway just had to get that off my chest as it was bugging me .  What do you guys think about starting new accounts to beat newer players ? "

And there's the root of all your halo woes: 

Second accounts are stupid, i agree. But so is playing team doubles and expecting to enjoy it.
    "
    I don't mind it . It can be really fun sometimes . And every time i play team slayer i have the 4th guy on my team quit . I usually play with 2 other M8s
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By crunchUK

From the post you actually seem to mind it quite a bit. Play social big team, games over there are teh funsauce

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @crunchUK: Is that what you play crunch ?
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By TheHBK

Anyone that uses the word noob is a fucking dumbass.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By clubsandwich
    @TheHBK said:
    " Anyone that uses the word noob is a fucking dumbass. "
    and fucking homos, seriously, fanboys like that need to get herpes and die.
    crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By crunchUK
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @crunchUK: Is that what you play crunch ? "
    ya
    FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

It's seems like a lot of work just to get easy kills.  I just have better things to do with my time.
    Fleafa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Fleafa

I'm seeing it more and more, this second account bollocks. I'm sick of mismatched games where the opposition teabag all the time and, instead of capturing the damn flag, just camp out running down the timer killing lesser skilled players. I am not great at Halo 3. I don't really want to be as I can't justify spending the time getting the practice in. Games shouldn't be about practice, they should be about chilling out. No one should ever tell me to get better at the game; the matchmaking should take care of that.

I take issue is with the Halo matchmaking system. I'm constantly getting matched with players of comparable skill in that playlist who have a highest skill of 3 times mine. The system seems to think that if you haven't played a playlist/gametype you will act as if you haven't ever played the game before. This is stupid and is pushing me towards quitting Halo 3 entirely. It's a shame, because it is a great game ruined by twats and poor matchmaking.

I've been really enjoying firefight though. It's always rewarding and never ruined by arseholes. My experience with it, however, has led to a depressing realisation: gaming for me is being ruined by the inclusion of human beings. Populate a game solely with AI (at least as opposition) and I actually have fun again. Left 4 Dead showed me the light and I may just follow it, leaving the darkness of competition behind.  

Perhaps this is obvious, but I just concluded a night of the above experiences. The second night in a row, in fact.

Grrrrrrrr......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.