Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

30 New Halo 3 Achievements

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ma7moud
    Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Roger_Klotz

This is awsome! i did'nt know games could add achievements

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but will the maps finally be free?

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

That last one makes no sense whatsoever.

Unless they drastically change up all the maps in campaign and make ghosts available everwhere (you don't just start out on Ghosts after all,) there's no way it can be done. Some places you just can't get to in Ghosts, sometimes you're doing flying levels in vehicles other than ghosts, dealing with Flood in tight quarters, going tons of places Ghosts won't/can't go, etc. And it wouldn't say "Halo," it would say "Halo 3" or "Campaign," etc.

Makes no sense.

Or is it talking about a new map? Haven't been keeping up with Halo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c
    deactivated-5e12c8fcf3f2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "

Unless they drastically change up all the maps in campaign and make ghosts available everwhere, there's no way it can be done. Some places you just can't get to in Ghosts, sometimes you're doing flying levels in vehicles other than ghosts, dealing with Flood in tight quarters, etc.

Makes no sense.

"
    true, and some of the levels end with a player activating a switch, which you cant do when your in a ghost.
    SpikeDelight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpikeDelight

Thank you! I had to start a new accout and nobody wanted to play 4-player Legendary with me anymore because they'd already beaten it multiple times. This is awesome I will now be able to do that too.

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By Lies

I find that source highly suspect. HIGHLY, HIGHLY suspect.

But we shall see I guess...

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Systech
    BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "

Unless they drastically change up all the maps in campaign and make ghosts available everwhere, there's no way it can be done. Some places you just can't get to in Ghosts, sometimes you're doing flying levels in vehicles other than ghosts, dealing with Flood in tight quarters, etc.

Makes no sense.

"
    Well, Bungie did say that they were working on something big. Whose to say that they aren't making drastic changes? I hear that they're making separate maps of Snowbound and Epitaph without shield doors so they can make some changes. Stupid changes, but changes nonetheless.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    systech said:
    "BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "

Makes no sense.

"
    Well, Bungie did say that they were working on something big. Whose to say that they aren't making drastic changes? I hear that they're making separate maps of Snowbound and Epitaph without shield doors so they can make some changes. Stupid changes, but changes nonetheless."
    Are we talking about Campaign or some new Ghost Achievement on certain multiplayer maps (like you seem to be talking about?)

The way that last one was worded made it sounds like it would have to be Campaign, (Complete on Legendary Live Co-Op, etc.) I mean, for the last one to make sense in Campaign saying the changes would have to be drastic to make it possible is an understatement, the Campaign would have to be changed in a fuck load of places from the ground up. It would have to be a completely different Campaign.
    Maybe I'm missing something here...
    lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lantus

That's a lot of achievements for DLC, I thought Microsoft limited the number of points to like 200 or something for DLC?

patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By patrick5152003

fake

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By wefwefasdf

I'm calling to call bull on this.

Major

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Major
    lantus said:
    "That's a lot of achievements for DLC, I thought Microsoft limited the number of points to like 200 or something for DLC?"
    I think it's just max 1200 GS in general and 1000 required at games launch
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

AWESOME!!!!!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

....sigh

Bennyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Bennyishere

A lot of these seem very fishy, and the total seems to succeed the 250 point limit (for achievements added post-release, unless the original had less than 1000 points, which is not the case with Halo 3).

Still, any new Halo 3 achievements would be sweet.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Relys

I call bull.

The Vidmaster Challenge Annual sounds like a cool and original idea though. It seems to me like they would put a new challenge each year, and that's why the player would be awarded 0GS because it changes.

Riddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Riddler

i dont know about the source...............

but Awesome if its true

AnTiPRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AnTiPRO

I'm skeptical...

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By KingBroly

The maximum is 50 achievements/1000 points on the disc, 250 points for dlc.  But with games like Ninja Gaiden 2 and The Orange Box, we've seen Microsoft bend the rules a bit.  I wouldn't doubt Halo 3 getting more than 250 achievement points, but I'm going to call bull on these.

RobE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RobE
    I just saw this on MLG site and was about to post this. I hope it's true, that gravity hammer achievement sounds crazy. But that's not even what i'm worried about, they have new skull achievements which must mean more missions. The achievments also seem harder, which I love. The current ones are way too easy. I got all the multipalyer achievements in no more than 3 hours of playtime. I probably would've had them all in the first hour but I hate the spartan laser so that took me a little longer.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By mike
    RobE said:
     I got all the multipalyer achievements in no more than 3 hours of playtime. I probably would've had them all in the first hour but I hate the spartan laser so that took me a little longer."
    You made Officer in 3 hours of play?
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
    RobE said:
    "I got all the multipalyer achievements in no more than 3 hours of playtime."

Unless you were playing with people in Lone Wolves that all agreed to let eachother get certain Achievements, there is no way you got all of the ones in the first 3 hours of play (let alone the first day or week,) like Steppin' Razor... and all of those little pain in the ass ones.
    Claiming you would've got them all in one hour except for the Spartan Laser one (let alone Officer lvl. 70) is a complete impossibility.
    DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By DanCarmichael
    BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "systech said:
    "BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "

Makes no sense.

"
    Well, Bungie did say that they were working on something big. Whose to say that they aren't making drastic changes? I hear that they're making separate maps of Snowbound and Epitaph without shield doors so they can make some changes. Stupid changes, but changes nonetheless."
    Are we talking about Campaign or some new Ghost Achievement on certain multiplayer maps (like you seem to be talking about?)

The way that last one was worded made it sounds like it would have to be Campaign, (Complete on Legendary Live Co-Op, etc.) I mean, for the last one to make sense in Campaign saying the changes would have to be drastic to make it possible is an understatement, the Campaign would have to be changed in a fuck load of places from the ground up. It would have to be a completely different Campaign.
    Maybe I'm missing something here..."
    Your way off man. On the very last chapter of the game (Halo), where you do the warthog get away there are 4 ghost available.

When you are playing on the legendary difficulty and after you have killed 343 guilty spark you come out of the hanger, jumped down a level and there are 4 ghost sitting there. You then just complete that final chapter (the race) in those ghost for the achievement.
    BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

Oh shit, I was thinking it implied you had to be in Ghosts the entire game, not just during the last end segment. That's why I thought it was impossible.

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DanCarmichael

Bungie took FOREVER to fix one little glitch where you couldn't unlock some elliet shoulder armour. There's no way they are going to change the whole campaign to accommodate ghosts :P

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I thought it was just indicative of those new Achievments being BS, if anything. Even without that Acheivement.... it seemes unlikely that they'll just add another 3 thousand Acheivement Points to the game in one fell swoop.

DanCarmichael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DanCarmichael

Ah yeah i never actually added up the gamerscore.

Dont all 360 games have a limit of 1250 points with added content? I've never seen a game exceed that.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

I didn't add it up either, I just pretty much pulled that number out of my ass.

If there are 30 at around 25 a pop that's 750 right there, and it looks like there are quite a few 30's and a 50 or two thrown in there, so it looks like it would be closer to 1,000.

I know past games weren't allowed to exceed 1250... like Oblivion when the Shivering Isles was released. Who knows, it is the 360's "biggest" game so maybe they would make an exception and allow it to hit 2,000... just seems odd that they would throw in another 1,000 all at once.

RobE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RobE
    MB said:
    "RobE said:
     I got all the multipalyer achievements in no more than 3 hours of playtime. I probably would've had them all in the first hour but I hate the spartan laser so that took me a little longer."
    You made Officer in 3 hours of play?"
    Oops. Forgot about that one. But that one is still not hard, it's just based on playing time.
    RobE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RobE
    BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "RobE said:
    "I got all the multipalyer achievements in no more than 3 hours of playtime."

Unless you were playing with people in Lone Wolves that all agreed to let eachother get certain Achievements, there is no way you got all of the ones in the first 3 hours of play (let alone the first day or week,) like Steppin' Razor... and all of those little pain in the ass ones.
    Claiming you would've got them all in one hour except for the Spartan Laser one (let alone Officer lvl. 70) is a complete impossibility."
    I was playing Lone Wolves and we got Swords. I got a killtacular that game, so I knocked out three achievements. (Overkill, Triple Kill and Steppin Razor) Next game I got my Killing Frenzy and Lee R Wilson Memorial, I think it was on Guardian. I just stood on sniper tower takin faces and every so often someone would try to come from behind me but they would get a plasma grenade stuck to their face. Next map was High Ground and I drove right through the middle of the map, lucky for me three guys were there, Mongoose Mowdown unlocked. Then it took me awhile to get Two For One but it was on Snowbound and anyone who plays Halo knows that everyone just runs to the shotgun spawn and thats how I got it. I also got Maybe Next Time Buddy on that map as well.

=)

mellenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mellenman

yay its true!!!! look at there website!!!!

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ma7moud
    Bungie :
    Here’s a look at these achievements which can be earned via the Legendary Maps and Halo 3 Campaign:
    • Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
    • Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
    • Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
    • Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
    • Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
    • Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.
     As folks have seen, these aren’t the only achievements we’re adding. But without proper context, there’s not a whole lot else we’re going to say. Stay tuned.
    jok3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jok3r
    Ma7moud said:
    "Bungie :
    Here’s a look at these achievements which can be earned via the Legendary Maps and Halo 3 Campaign:
    • Vidmaster Challenge: Lightswitch (0 points) – Get to the rank of Lieutenant in any playlist in the new EXP progression system.
    • Vidmaster Challenge: 7 on 7 (0 points) – Enter into any ranked or social playlist with 7 EXP on the 7th of the month.
    • Vidmaster Challenge: Annual (0 points) – After 9/25/08, complete Halo on 4-player Legendary LIVE co-op, with Iron, and everyone in Ghosts.
    • Double Double (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get two Double Kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Poor Yorick (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 Oddball melee kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Came…From…Behind (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get 3 assassinations during any ranked or social match.
    • Defend This (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a flag melee kill during any ranked or social match.
    • Flag Dropped (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 2 flag carrier kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Road Rage (25 points) – On a Legendary map, get 5 Warthog chaingun kills during any ranked or social match.
    • Look Both Ways (50 points) – On a Legendary map, get a Splatter Spree during any ranked or social match.
     As folks have seen, these aren’t the only achievements we’re adding. But without proper context, there’s not a whole lot else we’re going to say. Stay tuned.
    "
    I can't believe their adding more than this, it seems as though the vid master achievements are worth 0 GS because of microsoft's 250 GS expansion rule. And I dont understand the stupid vidmaster achievements, you would think they would be something like, complete the campain on legendary with only a pistol, and killing all of your AI allies, that would be a much better throwback to the original vidmaster.
    marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By marbig
    BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "

Unless they drastically change up all the maps in campaign and make ghosts available everwhere (you don't just start out on Ghosts after all,) there's no way it can be done. Some places you just can't get to in Ghosts, sometimes you're doing flying levels in vehicles other than ghosts, dealing with Flood in tight quarters, going tons of places Ghosts won't/can't go, etc. And it wouldn't say "Halo," it would say "Halo 3" or "Campaign," etc.

Makes no sense.

Or is it talking about a new map? Haven't been keeping up with Halo.

"
    If you're talking about the vidmaster one, there are four hidden Ghosts on the level Halo, just before you get in the Warthog. You just need to finish the level with all four players in them. Very straightforward.

EDIT: Oops, should have read first. Sorry. =)
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#36  Edited By Lies

Check xbox.com, they have all the new achievements listed. 30 more, for a total of 750 gamerscore. Most of them can only be earned on DLC maps. Man, paying for achievements is so much fun.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#37  Edited By KingBroly

But the question is when will this Mythic Map Pack be released?  I'd guess early next year because Microsoft would want Gears of War 2 to dominate XBL this holiday, not Halo 3.

cunners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cunners

Surely they'll be releasing it along with the update, otherwise why add the achievements if nobody can get them yet..

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Philip

Yep I logged into Xbox.com

Here is a screen shot.

caption
    caption
    Notice 79 Acheiemvents, and 1750 Gamerscore!!!
    Epic_Hero7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Epic_Hero7

I don't have enough heart to go back and play Halo 3 for the 150 thousandth time.
    Sadly, these 30 achievements won't be mine. :[

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Lies said:
    "Check xbox.com, they have all the new achievements listed. 30 more, for a total of 750 gamerscore. Most of them can only be earned on DLC maps. Man, paying for achievements is so much fun."
    Paying for achievements would mean you pay for the achivement and thus get it your paying for new maps and geting new achievements, if you dont like it then you dont gotta pay for it.
    ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

damn, i'm so not looking forward to having to play this again. i had the full 1000 two weeks after the game came out and i never touched it again.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43  Edited By Bass
    KingBroly said:
    "The maximum is 50 achievements
    that is a lie. Orange Box has 99 Achievements.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.