Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

Online is dead?

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

I can barely find anyone besides a lobby on the New England side. As someone from central Canada it isn't the best connection. I know now (after I bought the game) that there's a new version coming out, but surely it's not a good sign if I can barely find matches in the base game.

Are there times of the day with more active players or does everyone congregate to that one lobby. Does GB at least still do any fight nights for the game?

Petiew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Petiew

Anime fighter communities tend to move from one game to another whenever the next big release hits. BBCPEX came out a month ago so most people probably migrated to that. Try searching for player matches rather than ranked, those are usually more populated. If it's like Blazblue where there are big lobbies where you challenge individual people then yeah everyone just congregates to whichever is busiest. That's why large beginner only lobbies in fighting games normally suck.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@petiew: I guess what makes me more surprised is that is from what I've heard at least from the top players is that they don't like the new BlazBlu. Furthermore, I don't think that there is a way to search for matches beyond a lobby? The one time I did I feel like it was restricted to the room I was sitting in and it immediately came up with 0 matches.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

When I played it like 4-5 months ago there was a sizable, consistent community so I imagine they're still around somewhere. Could just be the post EVO cooldown period.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MikeFightNight

@lackluster: I still play and so do a few other ppl I know from GB. Add me PSN: MikeFightNight and we can mash sometime. I'm from Canada also, East. As far as where to go for lobbies, that lobby you mentioned is the most active and it's where I go. But I feel that most of the ppl that go there are not NA east because connections I get vary. It always has a lot of people in the evening. Around 8PM EST on.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just picked this up last week (and immediately got distracted by a different game), but I'm sure I will be knocking about myself. PSN name is forddent--and if you happen to have a copy of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, well, I'm into that too.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Does GB at least still do any fight nights for the game?

We'll update the XRD Fight Night thread when one of us (usually Mike or me) hosts a lobby for duders to join. Times are kinda random at this point and theres no set schedule. Just whenever we feel like mashin'. Weekly Tournies and Scheduled Fight Nights kinda died out due to low interest/attendance.

We have a skype group that houses "most" of the anime FG scene on GB. Thats usually the best place where we coordinate matches and just mess around in other games.

I will probably host a lobby some time today, directed towards beginners as I'm suppose to "teach" someone the ways of XRD. So feel free to join that.

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ford_dent: @mikefightnight: @esrever: Good to hear! My schedule is also pretty random since I'm in summer classes and working, all the fun stuff, but I'll definitely add everyone up.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight@esrever I've thought about downloading this a bunch of times. Do you guys play on the PS3 or PS4? I don't currently have an arcade stick for the PS4, so I don't know maybe PS3 would be better. EVO got me hyped to try out the game, but the anime fighting game crowd seems to jump to the new hotness whenever it becomes available.

bmehlers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this game as well on PS4 but haven't messed around with it in months. I am interested in getting back into it though, even though I suck, just because I love looking at it so much. PSN - bmehlers

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@hippie_genocide: I play on ps4, but since its crossplay it doesn't really matter. Runs fine on ps3 as well, with just a lil bit less detail.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.