Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

Does this game have a "stylish" mode?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I have never played a Guilty Gear before, but I have really enjoyed digging into the BlazBlue series in recent years. A feature I really appreciate in the BlazBlue series is "stylish" mode which, simply put, is a way to execute combos and super moves with simple taps of a button. This allows someone who isn't very good at fighting games, like myself, to still enjoy the crazy story and additional modes on offer. Watching the quick look of Guilty Gear Xrd made me interested in checking it out, though the systems going on in that game appear even more complex than BlazBlue, and I would not have the time or dedication to learn those systems. But if there is an equivalent to "stylish" mode, I'd happily give it a go.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

It doesn't but if you still want to try it out there's a demo for it available on both PS3 and PS4.

EDIT: Seems the PS3 demo got removed.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

@corevi said:

It doesn't but if you still want to try it out there's a demo for it available on both PS3 and PS4.

Same with the PS4 demo, it quit working for me the day the full game was released.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@corevi said:

Same with the PS4 demo, it quit working for me the day the full game was released.

Much like its JP counterpart, those demos were only there for 2 weeks. Pretty stupid to have a timer on it imo since all it was was Sol and Ky and very limited features.

There is no stylish mode here. That said, if you want story, you don't have to worry about being good since there is ZERO interaction with the story mode. Its just a 4 and a half hour anime movie.

Regarding learning the game and its mechanics. There is a VERY good built in mode called tutorial and mission which teaches you the basics in an extremely easy to understand manner. It won't take long at all to get the gist of it and then apply what you learned in Mission mode to get an even better understanding. People really shouldn't be using the excuse that Guilty Gear is too overwhelming for them to get into. All the tools are there to become competent at the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.