Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Greatest Hits

Concept »

Greatest hits is a general term for re-releases of games which have sold a certain number of copies, as part of a program managed by the console manufacturer.

Need Some Help With PS Classics on PSN

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Serious gaming question that I really do need some help on. 

• What are the best PSN PS Classic games at the moment?
    • I own every Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and Resident Evil....so heads up.  I also don't have the discs anymore.
    • Chances of PS4, NGP, and Android being able to log into PSN so I can FREELY download them again?

What are some of the games you guys bought from there, and are you happy with the purchases?   

Thanks!  
    Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By BulletproofMonk

The Crash Bandicoot games are fucking great. The first one and Warped are especially awesome.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel
    @BulletproofMonk: I played the last one pretty late, I was too old for Crash at the time.  I'll see it and put it on the list.  I got a about 40 bucks on PSN and no PS3 games are on that I want, I could buy PlayStation+ but I'm holding that off until they put in cloud saves.  >.>
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By MooseyMcMan  Online

Symphony of the Night is up there, that game is AWESOME, and worth playing through again. 

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

Vagrant Story is supposed to be coming out soon.  Buy that.
    Castevania: Symphony of the Night
    Final Fantasy Tactics (I wasn't sure if you meant outside of the numbered series or not)
    Front Mission 3 *
    Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver *
    Silent Hill *
    Spyro games
    Street Fighter games
    Twisted Metal *
    Wild Arms games*

*I thought these were cool when I first played them.  Don't know if they stand the test of time.

I think it's highly unlikely that you won't be able to access the games you buy now on future Playstation hardware.  As long as you hold onto the same PSN account.

I still have most of my PSX collection on disc, so I haven't bought any of these games yet.  I can only speak to the quality of the games, not the service that provides them.

EDIT: And since I see you're considering PS+, I should let you know that Spyro 2 is free right now for members.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Spoonman671: I got FFT, Vagrant story I own as disc, and SotN I got on the PSP version.  >.> 

Yo, speaking of Wild Arms, never got into them...explain their usefulness.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne

Silent Hill, Crash Team Racing (!), THPS2, Dino Crisis. Um Jammer Lammy if you're feeling funky. Fuckin Soul Reaver.

But Silent Hill and CTR you should definitely have.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SSully

I own sypro and twisted metal, they are really dated now, but still alot of fun to pick up and play.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Spoonman671
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @Spoonman671: I got FFT, Vagrant story I own as disc, and SotN I got on the PSP version.  >.>  Yo, speaking of Wild Arms, never got into them...explain their usefulness. "
    They're JRPGs.  The first one switched from 2D to 3D for battle, which was totally awesome at the time, but probably isn't that impressive anymore.  Dungeon puzzles are a little more elaborate than most RPGs and the second game had some anime cutscenes that looked pretty cool.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bocam

Was Wild Arms the game that had like three separate stories. I know one was about a girl training to be a mage but I forgot the other two

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.