Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

Mission indicator on swapping (3 year old thread)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stealthdf2

So when you press the button to show who you can swap to it will have a number by each character to show how many missions are available to them. Im having a problem where it will say i have more than 1 but when i look at the map i only see one mission icon. Am i missing something or are certain activities being counted in this. i wouldnt think so since there are so many of them on the map already.

also some ppl are talking about missions that can be started with either michael or franklin, how do you know when this is the case. as far as i can tell all missions are color coded to a specific character so how do you tell when it is a mission that can be started by more than one person. an example is the mission where michael goes after the tennis coach and franklin shows up. i read some people saying they started it as franklin and missed the beginning. im pretty sure that mission is color coded for michael so im confused.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I finished the game and for me Franklin still has a 1 over him, yet the map shows nothing. I thought maybe it was a race or something but I dunno. I also only have 15/20 stranger / freaks missions and haven't come across any more people in the world...

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By stealthdf2

@cale: yea im far far from finished so its really irking me when i swap and see a 2or3 but only 1 missions icon on screen. like right now im in game and it says on michael a 1 indicating i have 1 mission. except there is NOTHING on the map anywhere beyond the standard icons for random stuff. the only thing colored is the garage icon

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yea i had 1 more thing to ask if anyone can help. WHY is the garage always colored. is that by design or is it telling i need to go there and do something

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

oh yea i had 1 more thing to ask if anyone can help. WHY is the garage always colored. is that by design or is it telling i need to go there and do something

That just means that it is that character's garage. Each character has a different garage.

axalgrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cale: I have the exact same problem and have no clue as to what to do. :/

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stealthdf2: If it's a Michael mission then it will be a blue M, but if the mission can also be started by Trevor, if you switch to him it will show up as an orange M.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes the missions are color coded, but if two characters can participate in that mission then they will both have it in their color depending on who you are playing. Also, in at least one instance there is a mission started by calling someone. Try going through your contacts and giving people a ring.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By CollegeGuyMike

If there are colored circles on your map, (which you get from the old couple who want celeb stuff, the weed missions, or the paparazzi missions) they count towards your overall total as far as I can tell. There are probably more than those three examples but that's all I've run into so far.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

@cale said:

I finished the game and for me Franklin still has a 1 over him, yet the map shows nothing. I thought maybe it was a race or something but I dunno. I also only have 15/20 stranger / freaks missions and haven't come across any more people in the world...

One mission I had didn't trigger until I bought a certain property. so I would assumed more might spawn that way

unequivocable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unequivocable

I think some missions only show up via text or email or a phone call based on time of day--and for some missions there is a 'spawn-time' so if you just did a similar mission, you might not see the next one for another five minutes or so. So I think the "1" with no obvious missions might mean there's a 'hidden' mission somewhere. I've seen a few threads referencing 'hidden' missions.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Some of the multi part missions, like the weed cars, paparazzi, and celebrity items are only displayed as colored circles in a general area of the map. Also, Trevor's bounty missions are considered open even though there is no map indicator.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@cale said:

I've noticed that Franklin always seems to have a number 1 higher than the number of color-coded mission markers available, so I've been assuming that it's supposed to stand for the "taking Chop for a walk" side activity segments. That's just a guess, though, based on the way that the bone (Chop's mission marker, usually obscured by the icon for Franklin's house) is one of the few/only unique items displayed on the map for him.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

If you guys still have a mission available that isn't showing isn't on the map you most likely didn't follow up with a phone call. Some texts you get specifically tell you to call the person back. Go through texts and emails to see if there are any loose strands you didn't tie up. Also remember if its a mission that anyone can start that counts as 1 for everyone's mission count.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Tip with missing cutscenes is starting the mission with the character who's mission indicator letter represents.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm not that far into the game, but it seems like calling people, and checking texts and emails will get you missions that don't show up on the map. Sometimes.

troidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cale@axalgrave It took me forever to figure out, but that, at least for me, was a Tonya towing mission - you have to call her to initiate it, then she'll text you about another one that you need to call her about a little bit later. Hopefully that gets rid of your ghost missions

axalgrave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By axalgrave

@troidy: That got rid of the number thanks! I now have 17/20 strangers and freaks but for the rest I have no idea what to do or where to go as I have no missions left to do. The only thing I can think of is it being part of the golf club which I can't afford or the 2 cinema's.

stealthdf2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lot of good replies here, thanks everyone. ive clearned some missions and new ones have popped up so ithink im getting it under control. also i think not having an iphone to get the ifruit app is screwing ppl over. the game doesnt prompt me to take chop for a walk at all and i never was able to train him without the app. they need to hurry up with that android version cause its leaving some people out in the cold pretty badly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.