Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 17, 2009

Take control of Huang Lee, the son of a Triad mob boss, in an destructive romp throughout Liberty City in his quest for revenge, money and honour in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.

From Flash to Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars Cash

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool
    Found this, of interest, on Kotaku:

The Rockstar Social Club is teasing Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars with Mr. Wong's Laundromat, a new flash game that will let players earn cash for their DS game playing Flash games on their PC.

At first Mr. Wong's Laundromat was a mystery, but the gaming detectives over at MTV Multiplayer soon cracked the case, discovering the following text on the GameSpy page describing exactly what they contributed to Chinatown Wars.

Once at the Rockstar Social Club, registered users can also play Flash games like Mr. Wong's Laundromat to unlock additional cash that can be spent back in the game. GameSpy's custom work links money earned out of game straight back into your in-game funds to spend on bigger guns and more ammo (and you can never have enough of that).

No Caption Provided

Since your copy of Chinatown Wars has to be linked to the Rockstar Social Club in order to participate, it's a simple matter to get the Club to wire you money from a web-based flash application. Neat!

The GameSpy text is backed up by the teaser text on the Rockstar Social Club site itself:

These features are just the beginning for the Chinatown Wars section. We will be adding activities here that allow you to earn extra in-game cash as well as other special unlockables.

Anyone tried this yet and willing to educate us?

Rockstar are very good at pushing games and this seems on the surface to be another great idea.

Thoughts?
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

Great idea. I have not tried it yet, but I certainly will do, it's sounds like a lotta fun.

I actually have a loads of money and unlocakables on this, when I choose to use it during hard times. I'm good when it comes to using credit ;)

No Caption Provided

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

*bump*

Anyone tried this yet?  I am quite keen to know if this is something new that is actually worthwhile.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Emilio
    @oldschool said:
    " *bump*

Anyone tried this yet?  I am quite keen to know if this is something new that is actually worthwhile.
    "
    1 year, and 4 months late, yes this is actually worthwile. The flash games do send money to your physical copy of GTA:CW. I've just started a new game yesterday and, man, I think I have to say this is one of the several reasons as to why this my be my favorite GTA game. 

The best thing is that the transfer of your stuff is pretty much instant. 

I also want to add that this game has a really good soundtrack.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.