Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Game » consists of 24 releases. Released Jun 16, 2009

With a script edited and approved by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis, Ghostbusters: The Video Game is a sequel to the feature length films. Who ya gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

On Demand for $20

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By veektarius

I'm sure most folks knew this already, but Xbox Games on Demand has this title for $20.  When I saw that, I sprung for it - I got the definite feeling on release that my Ghostbusters fandom was not up to the task of appreciating this game at full price.   It's a fun little romp that'll have you feeling like watching the Ghostbusters movies rather than like you'd just watched one.  I was expecting a little more from the writing (though probably not much, I got a few chuckles) but I think the biggest surprise was the gameplay.  It does a decent job, I think, of simulating the proton pack and the not-very-actiony action of the movies.  You don't see Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis pulling any acrobatic stunts in the movies, after all, and neither does your character.  And yet, many of the harder fights require heavy use of your clumsy dodge function.  

All in all, I'd say it was worth more like $15 to me, but $20 wasn't unreasonable.  My recommendation would be to swallow your pride and play it on easy, because I didn't get any satisfaction out of overcoming the challenge even on the default difficulty.  What you're after are the jokes and homages, and neither of those require you to dodge projectiles. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.