Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 08, 2004

Major Kusanagi and Batou take on the high-tech underworld of Japan in this Third person shooter for PS2.

Thoughts on Ghost In The Shell SAC for PS2

thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

Edited By thatguy0130

At what point does it seem a bit much on a blog?  Updates everyday?  I don't know but I didn't put anything down yesturday so I suppose its okay.  Besides, I have game related news anyways.  Yesturday I started Ghost in the Shell SAC.  Today I finished it.  It is a short game.  It is also not a very good game.  Really the gun combat isn't bad, but some other controls are.  Jumping for instance.  Jumping seems neat at first, atleast when you are playing as the Major, but when you get to the elevator shaft you realize that the jumping just doesn't work.  There are other parts too but really it all goes down hill in that stupid elevator shaft.  You have to jump to the right, wall jump to the left then somehow jump back against the elevator pully cable to launch yourself through the open elevator doors three floors up.  It is a pain.  And that is just one example.  Another thing that stuck out is the story.  Now don't get me wrong, I liked the show, that is the whole reason I bought this game, but this game throws so much story at you it isn't funny.  And it isn't presented well, which is the drawback of the frequency of story slinging.  Before missions you have a very bland briefing which I found myslef just not really even paying attention about halfway through.  Then during the missions they break up the action with even more story.  Maybe it is the modern day of games talking but the flow of this game was just really choppy.  And that is never good.  But it is a competent game and it is old so it gets a pass for its shortcomings.  I would recommend it to fans of the series.  I would not recommend it to anyone else.  Looking like a 5 out of 10.  And hey it did score better then that Enter the Matrix game so theres that too!
    thatguy0130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By thatguy0130

At what point does it seem a bit much on a blog?  Updates everyday?  I don't know but I didn't put anything down yesturday so I suppose its okay.  Besides, I have game related news anyways.  Yesturday I started Ghost in the Shell SAC.  Today I finished it.  It is a short game.  It is also not a very good game.  Really the gun combat isn't bad, but some other controls are.  Jumping for instance.  Jumping seems neat at first, atleast when you are playing as the Major, but when you get to the elevator shaft you realize that the jumping just doesn't work.  There are other parts too but really it all goes down hill in that stupid elevator shaft.  You have to jump to the right, wall jump to the left then somehow jump back against the elevator pully cable to launch yourself through the open elevator doors three floors up.  It is a pain.  And that is just one example.  Another thing that stuck out is the story.  Now don't get me wrong, I liked the show, that is the whole reason I bought this game, but this game throws so much story at you it isn't funny.  And it isn't presented well, which is the drawback of the frequency of story slinging.  Before missions you have a very bland briefing which I found myslef just not really even paying attention about halfway through.  Then during the missions they break up the action with even more story.  Maybe it is the modern day of games talking but the flow of this game was just really choppy.  And that is never good.  But it is a competent game and it is old so it gets a pass for its shortcomings.  I would recommend it to fans of the series.  I would not recommend it to anyone else.  Looking like a 5 out of 10.  And hey it did score better then that Enter the Matrix game so theres that too!
    Junpei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Junpei

I played that game ages ago. Never finished it either. I recall getting really fed up in some area that was like a warehouse with shipping crates and metal storage boxes all over the place with snipers all around the perimeter. It wasn't awful, but could have been better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.