Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 08, 2004

Major Kusanagi and Batou take on the high-tech underworld of Japan in this Third person shooter for PS2.

Has anyone played this? And if so...

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheWesman

What's your take?  Personally, the tutorial got me totally excited what with all the moves you can pull off.  But actual gameplay was a bit of a let down.  Oh well, $8.99 isn't that bad a price when I'm already a huge GitS:SAC fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Uhh yeah. The game is for fans of the series for sure. It's pretty much the best they've done with the GitS series but as a general game it's "meh". I still love it tho, cuz I too am a gits nut.

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By DarkLegend

I didn't even know there was a game for this.

Avatar image for deactivated-612140337177a
    deactivated-612140337177a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

DarkLegend said:
    "I didn't even know there was a game for this."
    Yeah. There's three Ghost in the Shell games actually. The first was on the PS1 and based loosely off of the manga/first movie. The second this PS2 game based off of the TV series and the third a PSP title also based off of the TV series.
    Avatar image for deactivated-63aed1f3cc082
    deactivated-63aed1f3cc082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm a huge Ghost in the Shell fan, both of the series and of the movies and manga.  I really want to check out this game, but I just hope it isn't a total let down or completely impossible to play or anything.

TheWesman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TheWesman

No, not impossible.  Just a little bland, I thought.  Kinda "go here, do that, repeat."

So while we're on the topic.  Which season of the show do you all prefer?  Personally I enjoyed 1 much better, but 2 had some excellent scenes in it as well.

I'm excited that Spielburg has picked up the film rights for this, but as usual, I'll be let down again when they Americanize it and don't set it in Tokyo or make the people Japanese.  haha

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By cozmicaztaway

Bought this fairly cheap yesterday. Enjoying it so far, with some caveats. It's nice with enemies that go down fairly quickly, and the plot seems cool. Hate Batou's ponytail

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.