Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Garry's Mod

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 29, 2006

Build stuff. Destroy stuff. Spawn so many dominoes that the server crashes with a "no free edicts" error. Such is life in Garry's Mod.

Okay, what is up with this purple stuff.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twitchey

I bought Garry's Mod today since I had some money on an old card and I've had a mild interest in this game.
    So I bought it and messed around in the single player until I saw it had a multiplayer. So I joined a server and noticed some textures were purple and black, and somethings were just big ERROR messages. 
    I thought I needed Wiremod for this problem, so I downloaded it and installed it.

After that the problem was still the same.

Do any of you know what is going on?

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants

Yep what billny said, I think Counter Strike Source and The Orange Box are a good place to start.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#4  Edited By alistercat

Missing textures. I have the same thing on Oblivion after I installed it this morning with a hundred mods and I forgot some of the meshes and textures.

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Twitchey
    @billnyethesciencepie: Is there anyway to download the textures without the games?
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By UnrealDP

@Twitchey:

No, you need to buy valves source games in order to see the majority of the textures. Im sure there are mods out there that would be okay place holders, but im not great with mods, so i wouldn't know.

karatetron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By karatetron

You mean this Purple Stuff?

No Caption Provided
    BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By BasketSnake

I've played a ton of GMod. The basic packs you should have are HL2 and the episodes, CSS, Day of defeat source and portal 1. I haven't checked about importing Portal 2 stuff. When you join a server online for MP there's a good chance the server use mods you don't have. GMod is generally a big mess of mods and there will always be something fucked up about it. I recommend you start with checking out maps on http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/ then start looking into nukes and bombs and all the crazy shit you can do. The black and purple checkerboards are missing textures. If you get any error messages you can ignore them if the game runs at all. XD

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.