Best 2 quid I've ever spent.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but last week as I booted up my Wii U to play some more Mario Maker, I accidentally entered the Wii U store. Might as well have a quick gander, I told myself. Lo and behold I see The Swapper going for £2 odd. Nabbed it.

So about an hour in and this seems super cool, all very well presented and the mechanics and puzzles kept me playing well past bed time. Really hoping that the puzzles don't become so obtuse that it becomes frustrating and ultimately I decided I'd rather spend my time elsewhere, like many other puzzle games do. But so far it's off to a very strong start.

I love dropping on deals like this.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's very good.

mason20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Admittedly the game has a few frustration but it's definitely worth it. Hope you enjoy.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair I'd pay 2 quid just to experience the athstetic and atmosphere alone. Tight gameplay on top of that is a bonus!

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

Hate to break it to you but there's a good deal of real stumpers in this one. Still a great game though! Will make you feel like a genius/idiot for solving some of the harder ones.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dead jealous. Missed it's sale on PS3.

It's aesthetic looks absolutely gorgeous.

Remember wanting to play it after the QL, in the same way GB highlighted PB Winterbottom.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@josephknows: Yep, 26 ish orbs in and already having some head scratching moments. I'm not built for these puzzle games i tell ya.

Seinenfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's excellent, but as noted, quite a few tough puzzles in there. I found stopping and returning to the game later helped with some, but hit a wall at some point where I didn't go back, which is a shame because I was very invested in it. I can become quite the moron while playing puzzle games though, which is weird because I've always been good at non-video game puzzle stuff.

I will say that when I did figure out the ones I got stuck on it did feel great and like they used the mechanics cleverly.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

It was my GOTY the year it came out. I found 2 or 3 puzzles that made me hit my head against the wall, but I got through them somehow.... I usually can get really confused by puzzle games like it.

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I also got it for very cheap on the Eshop a couple weeks ago. ($3 USD) I'm really looking forward to starting it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. The Swapper is a fantastic puzzle game.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By JosephKnows

I have to second that sometimes you just need to walk away from a puzzle that's been beating you and give it a day or two before coming back. Like a Souls boss that just kicks your ass for hours, you can get into a real nasty loop where you don't make any progress or learn anything new and you just get burnt out. I know there's a scientific thing about how our brains can process new solutions for problems when given time to rest. It's worked for me with this game and other puzzle games, as well as for the Souls games, where I'm just stuck at one puzzle/boss, sleep, and then beat it almost instantly the next day when it all just clicks.

mattack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got it for $1.49 on PS4 a few weeks ago. I’m not very far in and it’s HARD. But heck I’ve already gotten $1.49 of fun out of it.

ArmoredMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ArmoredMachine

@mattack said:

Got it for $1.49 on PS4 a few weeks ago. I’m not very far in and it’s HARD. But heck I’ve already gotten $1.49 of fun out of it.

argh, now I'm jealous. 🤣 wishlisted and waiting for it to go on sale AGAIN, on steam...
apparently I missed it since it went down to $2 during the steam summer sale weeks ago.